What keeps you motivated?

Options
KaleighL
KaleighL Posts: 159
We all have different reasons for wanting to lose weight, eat healthier, and tone up. But sometimes we forget these reasons as soon as we see a tempting food...or maybe we rather just watch TV then go to the gym. When this happens we have to look within ourselves and reflect on why we started this journey in the first place. The reason I am doing this is so that I can maintain a healthy weight, shop and not worry about a cute shirt not looking right on my body, being able to not point out my problem areas as I look in the mirror after getting out of the shower, and to be able to be a positive influence for others trying to lose weight. Now that I've told you what keeps me motivated...I'd like to hear everyone elses reasons.

Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Being an example to my 14 year old who is overwt.Being healthy to enjoy life and not sit by and see life go by.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Looking in the mirror. Or at my computer; current destop is a pic of me at my goal weight side by side with a pic of me now (or rather 4 pounds ago when it was taken).
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Among others - my hubby's encouragement and appreciation of what I am doing.
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    the usual responses, to be healthy, look better, fit nicer clothes, no muffin top etc etc...

but on the flip side, I want to look better than my enemies. lol....:tongue:
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight and maintain lean muscle for a healthy cardiovascular system so I can feel a bit invincible when doing anything athletic....LOL
    Oh and to look good in anything of course. :D

So half vanity/half health. :)
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    get pregnant soon with a healthy weigth.
  • KaleighL
    Options
    the usual responses, to be healthy, look better, fit nicer clothes, no muffin top etc etc...

but on the flip side, I want to look better than my enemies. lol....:tongue:

Haha Love it!!
  • KaleighL
    Options
    get pregnant soon with a healthy weigth.

Aw Goddluck!! My mom's friend had difficulty getting pregnant because of her weight as well....after she dropped around 20lbs she became pregnant with twins! I wish you luck
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Sex with the lights on.
  • KaleighL
    Options
    Sex with the lights on.

Haha good one!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Staying healthy knowing my body is happy with my choices. Not feeling disgusting all the time and having lots of energy. Taking a look back at how my life used to be and comparing it to now and feeling good about what I have accomplished knowing I wouldn't go back to how it was before. Actually having some feeling of self confidence that people do notice me not just think I am disgusting. Oh.. just to name a few things :)
  • malia85
    malia85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Because i want to live as long as i can and to be old with no problems. I dont like to give up but to only win and i know i have no choice but to stay Motivated :-)
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    RE "Sex with the lights on."

Hilarious. Love that response.

I want my old heart rate back.