Newbie and nervous myfitnesspal

Options
Hello all... trying this again! It's so discouraging as soon as I see the weight loss it's like I instantly put it back on being excited... :ohwell:

Replies

• mandiewalters
    mandiewalters Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I know how you feel, but you can do it! Hang in there and just get back into it if you fall down.:)
  • Krystal0806
    Options
    Hello how are you Im new to this is there a specific diet you stick to?
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My best advice; be aware of the big picture, but don't obsess. Take it one day at a time.
    Good luck to you!
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. As soon as I'd lose a little weight I'd feel good and then eat and drink to my heart's content but I think I've conquered it. I put on something tight and look in the mirror and realize I still have miles to go. I bend over and view myself from the side. I take a picture of myself and always look bigger than I think I do. I remember that if I eat bad carbs I feel like a bad carb. I remember when my exboyfriend said he wished I was a size 8 (and I'm not a size 8...................YET!) I'll show that *kitten*!!! LOL. You'll have to think of the things that work for you. I wish you success.
  • BlueEyedTwin333
    Options
    Good Luck! :)
  • Risstyle
    Risstyle Posts: 6
    Options
    Today is my first day, but it's more or less tracking what you eat and making changes where needed. I don't think there's a specific diet you have to adhere to.

Open to be corrected if I'm wrong about it
  • Krystal0806
    Options
    OK thanks!:smile:
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi! Maybe when you do lose the weight, reward yourself! Create small goals and when you achieve them go buy a new top or jeans or something like that! The new *smaller* size will feel sooooo good and make you want to keep going :happy:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Hi!

The basis of this site is:

get help with things you are confused about with a great social system
    learn to track what you are eating, when, and find out why it happens
    learn to eat healthier foods
    learn to limit non-healthy foods (limiting is easier than eliminating!)
    reminder to exercise and improve your body
    counting calories (eating less than your body burns through an entire day so you lose weight)

Good luck, follow the goals set and ask questions!
  • bexyboo85
    Options
    hi im new too i have just joined i have so much weight to loose and i also once i have lost abit of weight i eat and drink 2 my hearts content and put so much bk on :( but im gonna take it one day at a time and be truthful and hope fully i get some where this time
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I started making healthy choices at the beginning of the year. By the beginning of March I was proud to announce to my world that I had dropped 32 pounds. Immediately thereafter, I started compromising my program here and there and the progress slowed. Granted, it is better to go a little slower, but still, my brain flipped a switch that let me off the hook. I recovered, but it was a little wake up call that we just have to trust our sober decisions and plans when we start to falter.

You know what you want; good luck remembering it each and every day.
  • Risstyle
    Risstyle Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you this really helps... It's hard to eliminate old habits, but reduction is working better this time around! :wink:
  • eirinhotcupasoup
    Options
    Hi I'm a newbie too,
    I'm sick of being bigger than my sisters and friends (saying that, it isnt hard, their all skinny milinks) so Im've joined this to try lose a few badly needed pounds, but everytime I try, I start and then after only a couple days/weeks my motivation is gone and I start finding an excuse to not go exercise... :(
    Anyone else like that???
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've been guilty of the same thing. It helps to know your pitfalls from the past. I now know that I have to make a lifestyle change. Besides, why do all that work only to sabotage myself???????? hope we can encourage each other.