Having a hard -time this week

Options
This week my boyfriend left to help a friend in another town and hasn't returned my call. He has a history of disappearing for months in our relationship, AND I am getting a bad cold, AND I look in the mirror and don't see results anymore all I see is my fat stomach and thighs. I just feel like curling up and drowning myself in comfort foods.
:brokenheart: :frown:

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    This week my boyfriend left to help a friend in another town and hasn't returned my call. He has a history of disappearing for months in our relationship, AND I am getting a bad cold, AND I look in the mirror and don't see results anymore all I see is my fat stomach and thighs. I just feel like curling up and drowning myself in comfort foods.
    :brokenheart: :frown:
  • celeste15
    Options
    OMG!!! I haven't seen results in like three weeks. I step on the scale and feel like a blimp. I have been doing that for three days straight now, eating, eating and more eating! Of course, that's how I deal with any type of stress is through food. I'm having a hard time this week also for the same exact reason.......MEN!!!!! lol. Don't let it throw you off track though......we can get through this!!! :happy:
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the boyfriend, some men suck, but you know better then to curl up with food, u know u would rather go for a walk to keep on track and get some fresh air wouldnt u.:smile: Well I tried. Did it work. Hope u feel better.
  • msblondy16
    Options
    :frown: I'm sorry about your rough week! I always feel better when I'm frustrated and eat things that are crunchy. Try rice cakes - the caramel corn ones from quaker are supppper good and only 35 calories a piece (if I remember correctly). Have like 5 of those instead of a pint of ben and jerrys! The crunching of carrots or lettuce also works but doesn't really satisfy the i-need-sugar-thing. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    #1 don't let any Man put you through this. If he pulls this crap he doesn't deserve you.

#2 Go for a walk............... you'll feel SO much better about yourself after you do that instead of eating you'll just feel worse!

#3 when he finally does call you back - DONT ANSWER THE PHONE!

:flowerforyou:
  • amunet07
    Options
    lol, Thank you all for your wonderful responses! I love MFP Family!:happy:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    You know if you leave him you will be better off in the long run and so will your tummy and thighs
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Drowning in comfort food is not the answer. Drowning your stooopid boyfriend might be. :laugh:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Drowning in comfort food is not the answer. Drowning your stooopid boyfriend might be. :laugh:

What she said!

Ok, in all seriousness - these "icky" feelings might be your body's way of telling you that it's time to up the ante, and focus on YOU. A guy who disappears and goes incognito for months is probabaly not going to be able to give you the support and devotion you deserve.

Sometimes it's good to be alone for a little while - especially when we are trying to undo bad habits and learn good ones. Step away from the comfort food - you CAN so do this; chin up girl. :flowerforyou:
  • amunet07
    Options
    Man this cold is kicking my butt! I caved and didn't go to the gym today. I had a bad day at work and the cold... I think I deserve a break.

Update: my boyfriend called (I didn't answer) and he said that he had forgot he left his phone in the yard and just found it... that is why he missed my call and didn't call back right away... he loves me and misses me bla bla bla...
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Man this cold is kicking my butt! I caved and didn't go to the gym today. I had a bad day at work and the cold... I think I deserve a break.

Update: my boyfriend called (I didn't answer) and he said that he had forgot he left his phone in the yard and just found it... that is why he missed my call and didn't call back right away... he loves me and misses me bla bla bla...

Ok, now not saying this is your situation.....:laugh: But even though I hate the show...I sometimes find when flipping the channels I pause to long on the TV show 'CHeaters"...OMG...the things those folks come up with that they expect their mate to believe....it happened years ago to me as well...and so weird how you just don't put all the pieces together until........one day...YOU KNOW. As you look back..ya just could smack yourself (picture the V8 commerical..lol).....

Like I said...not saying that's your circumstance as I surely don't know....but you are worth taking care of.....be careful placing too much value in someone other than yourself.

You will be with you the rest of your life....others come and go.....that's what life is all about...meeting folks along this journey we call Life:flowerforyou: