Introducing Myself

Options
Hi, I'm Katrina from Western Australia :D I'm a 32 year old Mum of 2 kids. Thanks to a friend who introduced me to this application on my iphone I am now becoming accountable for what I eat. I have 30kg to lose (66 pounds I think it is). My ultimate downfall is the dreaded coca cola drink, I'm not so much a 'eat all day' kinda person, more of a large portion sized meal person. Anyway hi, and feel free to add me as a friend, we all need the encouragement :)

Replies

• ligomez
    ligomez Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Katrina, I'm Liz from Visalia, California, mom of three boys. One soon to be married in June, hence the weight tracking. I love soda too. But I haven't had a real one for 3 days. Just the diet stuff and trust me, it isn't as enjoyable. I have the program on my iphone and I love it. It helps me to track all day long. We have our work cut out for us, huh? But we can do it!
  • Enny2405
    Enny2405 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Katrina, I'm not a huge softdrink drinker I only have it when I drink alcohol so I have substitued my Bourbon & Coke pre mix cans to a bottle of Bourbon and I have it with Coke Zero - it's not the best but I find it is better than going without bourbon completely! Coke Zero does tatse better than Diet Coke if that helps at all?
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi Katrina, welcome. I'm in NZ add me if you like. Good luck with your journey, everyone is soooo suportive here it really helps. There are heaps of Kiwis and Australians too which is fab. :flowerforyou:
  • mummyof02
    Options
    I find the diet drinks give me a headache so will just be sticking with water :) Do you 2 mind if I add you? It will make all the difference with motivation having friends who are doing the program with me.
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    CurriedGrasshopper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My vice is pepsi I'm adding you :)
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Katrina well as a former diet pepsi addict i know how you feel its a slow process but you can wean yourself off the soda and get to plain water and actually enjoy it. I have one soda a day now and its like a big treat! I started with cutting back on the soda and drinking flavored water and then went to plain water. Hope it helps you to know that there are other people out there that have had the same problem and overcame it--I just kept reminding myself of all the unnecessary chemicals i was putting into my body
    which is kind of silly when you're trying to get healthy. Good luck! Cindy
  • fatuloustofit
    Options
    Welcome Katrina! The soda is a very hard habit to kick, I used to drink a 2 liter plus of mt dew a day( Very Very bad).. I have given up soda and now have it maybe once a month now it makes me not feel so hot.. Now i drink mostly water or tea( for the pick me up and other benefits) feel free to add me if you like..:happy:
  • Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a 31 year old mommy of 3 with about 50 pounds to lose. We should be buddies on here. I love diet soda, but so much I hardly drink enough water. Have you ever tried Crystal light? It's pretty good.
  • connst
    connst Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm with you on the soda thing. Today was my first full day with this program and it was sooooo hard to not run to the soda machine at work. I always thought I wasn't a soda person because I didn't keep it in the house, but today I realized I get it everyday at work and everytime I eat out, or go to my parents. Sneaky sneaky soda.

Good luck!
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Katrina,
    My first post here....still unsure what I'm supposed to do. Thought I would share on this coke comment. I too would drink 42 oz of diet coke a day. I started subsituting it for iced tea (huge here in Texas) every other day then only drank the tea. It probably took me about a month to ween myself off of it. I might sound a little addicted here, but happy to say that I haven't had a diet coke since July '10. I was a hard core drinker (for about the last 20 years and TAB drinker even before then). I can't believe I did it. Honestly, I feel better without all of the carbination. Now, I'm ready to shed the 30 lbs that I have hanging around!
  • jlmelton0509
    jlmelton0509 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jaimie from North Carolina. I had the soda addiction too. I had really bad headaches the first week or so. I still drink one to two sodas a day, but they are usually diet. I also drink about 10 cups of water a day to combat the soda.

Welcome to MFP!!:smile:
  • sylviabb
    sylviabb Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I'm Sylvia I'm 43 and frustrated I'm exercising , eat way less calories than my alloted number and this week I gained 4 lbs... what???
  • ashjaykadee1
    Options
    Hi Kat :P
  • ashjaykadee1
    Options
    Your puttin your body into starvation mode by NOT eatin your intended calories a day, try to keep reaching your daily calorie intake :D