Low cal Nachos

Options
jgoff3003
jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
Ok so it is footy night and my boyfriend team is playing so we are having a night it with him and some of our mates and he has requested nachos...I know how to make his nachos but I want to make a low cal version for me and one of the other girlfriends as she is trying to loose weight to

She is a vego so I am going to make a vego option but was wondering about other ways I can cut back on cals besides using low fat cheese (and little of it) and no sour cream in the guacamole (just mashed avo and spices)

Does anyone else have some ideas.... specially when it comes to chips

Thanks

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    for chips, you can bake your own tortilla chips with corn tortillas. just cut them into wedges, spray a little cooking spray, cook until they're crunchy and then sprinkle with spices when their done.
    they will be WAY better for you and have a lot less fat than store bought ones. You can even make them in advance if you want.
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Buy low sodium low cal chips or make your own by grabbing some low cal corn tortillas, cut into wedges, spray with some PAM and oven bake at 350F until crispy.
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Get some fresh salsa with lots of veggies in it :o) As for the chips, I can't for the life of me remember the brand name, but my grocery store sell whole grain chips made with flax seed and they are DELICIOUS! Just cruise the chip aisle, or even better check out the organic section if your store has one! Have fun!
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I wish I had low cal nachos to help you!! Nachos are my favorite =(
  • jgoff3003
    jgoff3003 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Probably too late, but topping nachos with black beans is yummy and you get some protein and fiber to help fill you up quicker!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Sharper cheeses, too. You can use less and retain flavor. I like parmesan!