Miracle Noodle??

Options
Has anyone used this??

Here's the lowdown: Traditional soy free shirataki noodles are made from the root of the konnyaku imo plant. The fiber is extracted and added to water which is made into different shapes from orzo to fettuccini to angel hair to rice. Our noodles are 97% water and 3% fiber, that is why it is calorie free!!

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/

Looks pretty cool!

Replies

• LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get past the texture but I may have been preparing them wrong, if anyone has tips or recipes do share!!!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    We eat a lot of this in Taiwan. You can get it in quite a few restaurants...my mom used these noodles to make chow mein and stuff. Very filling and I think it's quite yummy but a lot of people can't get past the texture...it is somewhat...crunchy...is the best way I can put it. But yeah, almost calorie free!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You have to rinse well and dry with paper towels. Still - the texture is different. wwww.hungry-girl.com uses them with her Hungry Girl-fredo and other recipes.
  • Akras211
    Akras211 Posts: 9
    Options
    I don't care for them. They smell so bad that the package tells you to rinse the noodles before usings to get rid of the "authentic aroma." It's a bad sign when even the manufacturer admits the product stinks. But some people love them.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    i have gotten a couple packages of these (not miricle noodle but the same thing from the asian market) and i just cant get past the texture..i have tried so many different ways of preparing it and i just cant figure out how to make it more eatable....tofu shirataki i found i can stand if in alfredo sauce
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i love them, I rinsed, microwaved for a minute and patted dry with a paper towel, then I put pepper, parmesan, chicken and lite laughing cow . They taste like noodles to me.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've tried them and they were pretty good. I use the recipe from Hungry Girl website, which explains how to wash the noodles properly. Here's the link: http://www.hungry-girl.com/search?keyword=shirataki+noodles
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Rinse them for like 5 minutes and dry them really well!

Sauce, cheese, and some meat and you have a really filling "pasta" with meat sauce dinner.
  • happymom1197
    Options
    They aren't terrible. They are actually pretty good if prepared correctly. Use sauce, lots of sauce!!!!
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes...they do stink...so you have to rinse them really well...then boil them in water for a few minutes. I just pop them in the 'nuker in a bowl....cook for a few mins....rinse...dry them off ...then add them to whatever.
    I toss them in stir fry...have them in soup...add spaghetti sauce ..and love the Hungry Girl-fredo...and Veggie Explosion.
    Some people do have trouble with the texture...so just chop them up into bite size pieces. It makes it easier to eat.
    Enjoy!
    :bigsmile:
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have some in the cupboard and just can't bring myself to try them
  • erica14304
    erica14304 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I can't get past the texture. They do fill you up though if you can choke them down. I've done it once.
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    going to have to try these, I miss pasta!!
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants 2 packs they can have them. Just looking at them floating around in the bag has finished me off lol