How to gain weight

Varsity90
Varsity90 Posts: 3
edited September 25 in Food and Nutrition
Hello everybody,
I just started on this site about a week ago because I have the problem of not being able to gain weight. Currently I weigh around 190-193 and I would like to be around 215-220. I just wanted to start this post to see if anyone has any ideas on foods that would help me gain healthy weight. I am in football (which is why I am trying to gain the weight) and I work out 5-6 days a week, some days twice (the second workout being practice) so I'm not too worried about getting fat. My strength coach had me start eating four peanut butter sandwiches a day on top of what I already eat because it adds all around good carbs, calories, and protein. If anyone has any suggestions on some different food to add some variety (that’s relatively cheap considering I'm in college) or any other type of advice I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your help!

Replies

• dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    -nuts: almonds, cashews, peanuts, pistachios
    -dried fruit: raisins, apricots, bananas, etc, etc...
    -full fat greek yogurt
    -avocados (I could eat one of these whole... about 300-400 cals per fruit)
    -a sandwich with peanut butter and banana slices would be healthier than one with jelly
    -granola (with breakfast, with greek yogurt, on its own, in trail mix, etc.)
    -Make a protein shake with banana, avocado, peanut butter, honey, and milk (plus cinnamon and vanilla if you have them) and store for later

Good luck.
  • I really appreciate your help! But I forgot to mention a small but important thing. I have a really bad case of Oral Allergy Syndrome and I can't eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies unless they're cooked, especially avocados and bananas. So that kind of holds me back. Do you have any good recipes including cooked versions of what you mentioned? If so I would love to give it a shot.
This discussion has been closed.