Wii, Xbox, PS3 Fitness Software

ukmdg
ukmdg Posts: 12 Member
edited September 25 in Health and Weight Loss
How many people on here use some of the many titles available for workouts & fitness for the consoles like the Xbox 360, Wii & PS3 ?

Interested to hear which ones people really think are good etc.

I am thinking about getting Kinect with one of the fitness titles because I have a 360.. Would love to here your views.
I also have a Wii but think the 360 may offer the best variety without having to mess with a controller etc.

Replies

• Toibear
    Toibear Posts: 31
    I have Wii fitness and Wii Zumba. I love Zumba. The Wii Fit is OK. But I don't get much use out of it. I use to think it did a lot until I started really learning about working out.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    The kinect for the xbox 360 is great......love not having to hold a remote since your body is the remote. It's great ! I have fitness evolved and it's a really challenging workout that challenges you each time.
  • Kinect Dance Central. It is fun and it tracks your calories.
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    I got a 360 w-Kinect and the Biggest Loser Ultimate Work Out for it. Read the reveiws for it. Before buying. Dispite its minor flaws I enjoy it. It helps me do different activites that I would normally not do
  • carleighsmama
    carleighsmama Posts: 29 Member
    I have Just Dance 2, Jillian Michael's 2010 Fitness game, and Wii Fit. I play Just Dance 2 the most. It's a good way to burn a lot of calories and have fun. I don't consider my Just Dance as exercise, because it's just that much fun. There are days I dread going to the gym, so I just pop this game in and have a blast for 30-45 minutes.

We have a PS3, but no fitness games for it yet.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    i use ea active 1 and 2 i love them because i feel like i have a work out but i can do it at home where noone can see me, also i have ordered zumba for the wii but it hast come out here in the uk yet . i also have just dance 1 and 2 and your shape for the wii i like them all
  • I use the Wii and love the EA Sports Active. Right now, I'm a little more than half way through the 30 fitness challenge. It's fun, combining strength training with cardio and mini games. I use it with the balance board and really am enjoying the minigames (tennis, basketball, boxing, etc). It is a decent workout and makes me sweat so that's a plus. I have WiiFit, but I don't like the workouts as much. There is very little feedback and often feels more like a game. Plus, the trainer's voice is annoying. EA Sports Active gives you feed back on body position, and gives you suggestions when you aren't quite in the right position. I also like with Active that I can make it harder by changing the resistance bands.

My Fitness Coach is ok but is a pain to setup. Not my favorite

With the Wii, I really don't have a problem exercising with the wiimote or the nunchuk. For some of the exercises, it is helpful to have something to grip.
  • My husband just got the zzumba fitness for wii for my bday and ive only done it twice but so far it hard but fun...but i just dont see a man doing it cuz its all hip action....lol oh ya i have dance dance revalution too and that is fun and a good workout for legs.....!!!!!!!!:tongue:
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    I have Wii Fit Plus and unlike everyone else, I'm finding it pretty good so far. I've been playing it since the end of February and it's helped me lose about 7 lbs. I have to point out though that I have been doing a desk job for a few years now out of university and with the weight from university and the less than active lifestyle, it has been good at easing me back into doing SOMETHING. I have over 10 hours logged into it and I've only just been able to start playing for a whole hour at a time (instead of 30-45 mins) without feeling like I'm going to die.

I like it because I can treat it as a quick fun little video game and it does leave me out of breath and sweating, as long as I push myself to actually do it. You have to keep playing it to unlock the harder levels.

I plan to try out EA Active Sports 2 once I feel a bit more up to the challenge. For now I'm happy to keep doing Wii Fit combined with more walking and a healthier diet.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Do I need a wii fit plus or can I just buy the software and board??
This discussion has been closed.