College Students?

Options
Hey, just looking to see if there are any fellow college students on here!

I started using My Fitness Pal a couple months ago, and it really helped in changing my eating habits for the better.

I'm currently on Spring Break and decided to start P90X. Just four days in, but love it so far. Although that might have to do with the fact that I'm not in school and haven't started my clinical rotations in the hospitals yet (nursing student).

If anyone else is a college student attempting to be healthy despite the craziness of studying, or even if you're not in college and are doing P90X I'm here as a friend :)

kaitlin

Replies

• rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate student in my final semester. The gym is a great way to destress from writing my thesis lol.
  • Emma_Mackenzie
    Options
    I'm not a college student but I am a highschool student!
    Only more year left until it's my turn to go to medical school!
    I started P90X but with the all the time my athletic training took up I couldn't find time to do it!
    I hope you keep it up!
    I'm just back to the running and other exercises!
    GOOD LUCK! :)
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm also a nursing student. I joined here to help me eat better and work out to burn off some of the stress from school. Add me if you'd like....and good luck with school! How many semesters are you in?
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior in college. I went back to school after having my 2 kids, and I'll finally graduate in December. Should have been May but one stinkin course wasn't available in the Spring and noone told me that til it was to late. Anyway, I don't have to worry about not being home to eat right since I do it all online through Penn State- but I do have 2 kids so I have to balance kids, housework, and school, plus some care for my grandmother. It's a challenge!
  • kvr414
    kvr414 Posts: 111
    Options
    College student here! I've been here since october. this site has changed my entire relationship with food. Its very difficult to find time to work out while going to school and working. enjoy your spring break! enjoy p90x!!
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    I'm a UK uni student (which is pretty much the same thing, right?) I've been on and off this site so many times but since coming to uni it has really helped me keep healthy. :)
  • Yatashie
    Yatashie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    3rd year University student here, so difficult to try and find time to be healthy. My current "fad workout" is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, it's only 27 minutes and is a really good workout :)
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im a college student... I have P90X and ive been planning on starting it! Im nervous!
  • mariaaa2010
    Options
    im a college student! My spring break went horrible because i gained 3 pounds! I agree that its hard to exercise and eat healthy with all the studying. I struggle sometimes because of the vending machines on campus, but this semester I've stayed away from them and i lost my "freshman 15" weight

Good luck to you! :)
  • kolbyjack
    kolbyjack Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm a nursing student too! I will have one year left after this semester. I know how hard it is to juggle clinicals, food, homework, and exercising. This site has helped me so much to choose better choices though. I got sixty days into P90X and stopped :( I wish I hadn't, but it is very time consuming. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a graduate student starting this summer. I'm thrilled! I'm excited for my career change and I can't wait for the next chapter of my life. However, I am a little concerned because I gained 60 lbs in the process of getting my bachelor's degree. Yikes! I do not want to do that again. Of course, I currently weigh less than I did in high school and I'm continuing to lose. Plus, I'm technically in school now but it's only to finish up two courses so it doesn't really count.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm in college! I'm a sophomore. I've been using MFP since the beginning of the year and initially I was focused on losing 10 pounds, but I binge eat and I thought it would better to get a grip on that first. I am able to work out about 3x a week when I'm at school, but it's hard to fit that in, and it's even tougher to eat well when you're always around people who want to get ice cream, order pizza, go out for drinks, etc. I weigh about 25 lbs more than I did when I started college, but I was a little underweight in high school, so like I mentioned, losing ~10 is my eventual goal :) Anyone go to the gym to work out?
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm a college freshman! Friend me if you wanna!
  • carried11
    Options
    I'm a nursing student as well!! I've been on MFP for awhile but always had trouble sticking with it...especially because of school. I haven't tried P90X but I've heard great things! I just got a stationery bike for at home so I can read some textbooks while getting some working out done (sad but true)! Feel free to add me!! I always do much better when I have someone keeping me accountable! And good luck!!!
  • kaitkorona
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear from everyone else who struggles with the same thing! Sometimes I feel like people think being a student is easy and not very time consuming. With classes every day and studying every evening for at least 2 hours, I feel like being a college student in this day is much more time consuming that I was in the past!

And I would love it if any/all of you added me as well :)

Stay strong, and take each day as one step to your goal.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Currently in the first of two of the hardest semesters in Accounting. Luckily, I am dedicated enough to continue to work out and diet lol. It's all about consistency. Feel free to add me. :)
  • 87Diana
    87Diana Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi i just finished nursing school and i understand perfectly well what your going through. I gained a total of 20lbs just doing the nursing courses and now that im done im in a mission to lose them :-$ .......i started using myfitnesspal on my phone and it has kept me on track for the last couple wks...hope we can both stick to our plan and achieve this goal, good luck :D
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Im in my second year in college. Been on this a couple of weeks now and it has helped me so much as im sure it will you too! Friend request sent :flowerforyou:
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    I'm here as a friend as well! :D

I'm a junior with one month left of the school year. Unfortunately I will be going to school this summer then next year and I will be DONE! *best feeling in the world*

This website definitely helps... its get having support from fellow college students, since finding healthy places to eat and finding time to exercise is so difficult for us. No one at school really shares my same goals
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a graduate student starting this summer. I'm thrilled! I'm excited for my career change and I can't wait for the next chapter of my life. However, I am a little concerned because I gained 60 lbs in the process of getting my bachelor's degree. Yikes! I do not want to do that again. Of course, I currently weigh less than I did in high school and I'm continuing to lose. Plus, I'm technically in school now but it's only to finish up two courses so it doesn't really count.

Best of luck in grad school! I'm finishing up my Masters as we speak -- graduation's in May. I've been applying for jobs like mad lol.