pizza

Options
I am craving pizza. I havent eaten any but I was researching nutrition facts online. Does anyone know a place or brand that I can eat a piece (or two) of pizza for tomorow? Thanks

5108536.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    try dominoes thin crust barbecue chicken. its really yummy and you can eat 1/4 of the pizza for about 300 calories.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    1/4 of a whole pizza? what?
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When I want pizza, I make sure I can fit it into my calorie goal by eating lots of low cal foods the rest of the day (lots of veggies). However, if you want a pizza that's relatively healthy, try making your own. I used to get whole wheat pita bread, spread some pizza sauce on top, load it with some cheese and lots of veggies and pop in the oven till the cheese is melty. Yum!
  • waverly9876
    Options
    YUM!!!
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    Making your own is the best way to go.

Pizza isn't always high calorie, but it tends to be sky high in sodium. It can also contain a lot of fat, depending on topping choices. Just enjoy whatever you decide, get a little workout time in, and drink plenty of water. You could also try eating some salad or vegetables before hand so you feel fuller without eating more pizza than you want.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    1/4 of a whole pizza? what?

1/4 of a pizza is only 2 pieces...if it's a normal size pizza. We really like pizza, but I usually make it at home because then I can use my own ingredients (including whole wheat for the crust) and know exactly how many calories I'm eating. I know Papa John's offers whole wheat crust and a lot of their pizzas are already listed in the MFP database. Also, try looking up the websites to the pizza places in your area. A lot of restaurants have their nutrition facts available online, so that might help you pick a place and what kind of pizza to get.
  • jennyath
    jennyath Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Make your pizza using tortillas. I broil a tortilla on one side, flip it, add the sauce veggie and a little bit of cheese and then broil that side. Really yummy!
  • waverly9876
    Options
    Thank you! I will have to make my own tomorrow.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    try dominoes thin crust barbecue chicken. its really yummy and you can eat 1/4 of the pizza for about 300 calories.

Omg are you serious, thats all for this one? I love this pizza its so good, It would have to be more though I would think.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was actually surprised to discover that most pizza seems to be around 300-350 calories per slice. I just bought a Papa's BBQ chicken pizza yesterday for a girl's night with a friend and it is 350 calories but (as a previous poster mentioned) it's got like 700mg of sodium. I just paired it with healthier choices throughout the day and I was still below my caloric limit.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I was actually surprised to discover that most pizza seems to be around 300-350 calories per slice. I just bought a Papa's BBQ chicken pizza yesterday for a girl's night with a friend and it is 350 calories but (as a previous poster mentioned) it's got like 700mg of sodium. I just paired it with healthier choices throughout the day and I was still below my caloric limit.

When I use to eat that pizza i was on WW, and it would be 10 to 12 points for it. When my daily points were 18. 300 per slice sounds more reasonable to me. The sodium wouldn't be bad if you didn't have much sodium through out the day. But now I don't eat wheat anymore, (Or shouldn't be anyways) so dont usually have pizza.
  • Mahlissa
    Mahlissa Posts: 128
    Options
    Pizza is my weakness :( I will opt to make it home made with lots of mushrooms. The sodium in the conventional brand pizza's wreak havoc, not to mention all the cholestrol :/ It's not hard for me to eat like 6 slices, especially after running for 2 hours. UGH I love pizza.

GOOD luck on your pizza ventures.:smile:
  • stacywalton
    stacywalton Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Smart Ones Pep. minis are super yummy and are less the 300 calories for the serving size ~ I eat that every Saturday for lunch for a nice treat!
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    flatouts are great for making your own pizza too. just toast it up before you put the sauce and cheese on...they are only 100 calories for the flatout and you can use turkey pepperoni :) OR load it with veggies. The kids and I are having that tomorrow night. :) good luck!
  • cassybubby
    cassybubby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There's a Cauliflower based pizza that you can make. The recipe is on this website somewhere in the forums. i've made it a few times before. it's a little strage at first not to have the same taste to the base (because the base is made only of Cauliflower, egg and cheese) but it's an awesome substitute when you cna eat a whole 9 inch pizza for the less than 400 calories (obviously that depends on exactly what you put on it... But you get the point)

So if you're interested have a search for it on the recipes forum. :)
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    There's a Cauliflower based pizza that you can make. The recipe is on this website somewhere in the forums. i've made it a few times before. it's a little strage at first not to have the same taste to the base (because the base is made only of Cauliflower, egg and cheese) but it's an awesome substitute when you cna eat a whole 9 inch pizza for the less than 400 calories (obviously that depends on exactly what you put on it... But you get the point)

So if you're interested have a search for it on the recipes forum. :)

I'm going to have to check that out. I'm on a new plan where I'm trying to avoid all grains and starchy foods. So I basically get all my carbs from veggies and fruit...with the occasional treat like last night's pizza. However, if I could make a pizza dough from cauliflower, egg, and cheese I could have pizza every night! :-)
  • luckiarmywife
    Options
    I just had pizza tonight..... :\ Dominos to be exact! I had one slice and I was still under calorie range! :D You have to just save some room for it if thats what your planning on....
  • nkteach
    nkteach Posts: 41
    Options
    When I want pizza, I make sure I can fit it into my calorie goal by eating lots of low cal foods the rest of the day (lots of veggies). However, if you want a pizza that's relatively healthy, try making your own. I used to get whole wheat pita bread, spread some pizza sauce on top, load it with some cheese and lots of veggies and pop in the oven till the cheese is melty. Yum!

We had homeade pizza tonight. Exactly this way...but we tried grilling it instead. Yummy!
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oh my, all this pizza talk is making me crave it so badly! I haven't had it since Super Bowl. I have a bag of pitas in my fridge so perhaps I will make mine own! What kind of pizza sauce do you guys use on your own? I've had the Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza, it was pretty tasty and 380 calories.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have pizza once a week, but I make my own. I have a healthy whole wheat crust recipe, low sugar sauce, low fat cheese, etc...and the whole darn thing is under 600 calories. No crappy pita bread or otherwise fake pizza crusts for me...and I save the money and calories from not going out to a pizza place.