stomach grumbling AGAIN

Options
For the past 3 days, my stomach has been grumbling. I have been close to eating 1200 calories. I am drinking water to "fill ' me up but every night around this time (and later) my stomach grumbles. Im not really hungry...why is it doing this to me???

Replies

• dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    That is the sound of the weight coming off... :happy:
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I hear you there, I just love to munch at this time of night. I gave in and started saving a few calories from my meals during the day so that I could have a 200 cal snack at night. Usually light popcorn and a sf jello pudding. good luck!:yawn:
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A celery stick with 1/2 Tablespoon of nut butter helps me!
  • HowzItGoinEh
    Options
    Are you eating a lot of carbs? Too many carbs can make you hungry VERY quickly. Protein + fiber are fantastic ways of staying fuller, longer.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love sugar free pudding!
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Only 1200? Do you have you calorie goal set too low to manage? I can understand wanting to lose weight faster, but maybe ease into it slowly. I have mine set for 1lb a week and I still get to eat 1700 cals a day. I understand if you don't have as much weight as I do to lose, thus need fewer cals a day, but I know that if I go any lower to lose an extra half pound i will set myself to fail. Perhaps re-evaluate things or eat a little later to keep yourself feeling satisfied, not starved.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    I read that grumbling tummy is not a main sign for hunger. (My tummy grumbles even when I over eat.) The major signs for hunger are:
    - increased salivation
    - increased sense of taste and smell
    - a "sensation" in the throat

Source:
    Jane Ashley, MA, CHHC, AADP
    Director, Consumer Communications, ERA
    Certified Holistic Nutrition Coach

via weekly emails I receive from Eat Right America.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    That is the sound of the weight coming off... :happy:

I love this... :laugh:

If you have a popcorn popper, try some air popped popcorn. It's low calorie and goes a long way. 1 tbsp of corn is about 43 calories and once popped makes about a cup or so. Top it with some spray oil (usually 0 calories) and some cinnamon/sugar if you want a sweet treat or some Kernel Season's flavored popcorn seasoning if you want something not so sweet.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I read that grumbling tummy is not a main sign for hunger. (My tummy grumbles even when I over eat.) The major signs for hunger are:
    - increased salivation
    - increased sense of taste and smell
    - a "sensation" in the throat

Source:
    Jane Ashley, MA, CHHC, AADP
    Director, Consumer Communications, ERA
    Certified Holistic Nutrition Coach

via weekly emails I receive from Eat Right America.

I've also heard that your stomach growling can be a sign that you're dehydrated and is your body actually telling you to drink more, not eat more. Not sure how true that is, but it's gotta be better for you than munching!
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Interesting news about why your stomach is grumbling. I just dont know why its doing this. UGH
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    CurriedGrasshopper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I say, drink a big glass of water and wait 15 minutes to see if the hunger pangs go away. If they don't you are legitimately hungry and I say have a small snack, an apple, some low fat cheese with fruit, a yogurt and half a banana etc

ETA .. one of those suggestions not all of course :)
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have bought mini bars (one and a half square inch in size) of RAW REVOLUTION- Organic live food bar. It's only 100 calories and it's surprisingly filling. Shuts my tummy up for a while in the time of need :)