Coffemate

Options
What alternatives are there to Coffemate for my coffe without all the added sugar?

Replies

• JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    sugar free coffeemate? :) I cant live without my hazelnut creamer <3
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Fat free half and half might work for you, but be careful as some of them have added High Fructose Corn Syrup in them.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I use REGULAR half & half...no sugar
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Since I'm allergic to dairy and sugar (booooo) I have found so many alternatives. I actually use Hazelnut milk. It's AMAZING and has only natural sugars from the hazelnuts in it. You can use a TON of it for the amount of calories you get from 2T of Coffeemate. If I need a little extra sweetness I just add some stevia. It's really yummy and has kept me a happy morning person. I found this hazelnut milk at Whole Foods, but I assume you can pry find it in most grocery stores now.
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have to have it! And I hate the calories "wasted" on it, but... oh well. I won't live without it! I do wish they'd make a sugar free/fat free version. Makes sense to me but until they do, this is what I did. I took the 32 oz fat free french vanilla and mixed it with the 32 oz sugar free french vanilla. It brought the calories, fat and carbs down to an acceptable level for me. And it's still great. Designer coffee creamer! :laugh:
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer was a problem for me, too! I love sweet coffee, but didn't love all the calories it took to get there!

I switched from French Vanilla Coffeemate to 1% Milk with Splenda. I can still achieve the sweet coffee taste - but for 1/4 of the calories!
  • Megn_11
    Megn_11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Learn to drink it black. I was big on creamer, but I knew I needed to cut out all of those calories. Here's what worked for me and I think it will help you too: Stop drinking coffee for about two weeks. I know, that's sounds hard, and it is. When you feel like it's the right time to start drinking coffee again, make a weak pot (if you make it too strong it will be too bitter and you'll waste your coffee fast). Try this with a flavored coffee, like hazelnut or vanilla, if you are used to the flavored creamers. I bet you'll find drinking it black isn't as bad as you thought it would be. Then, gradually brew stronger coffee to the taste you are comfortable with. Now when I try drinking it with creamer I think it tastes too rich. I won't go back to creamer! Best of luck!
  • mariasfitness
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I will definitely try them all.