Popcorn Mini Bags

Options
WarmDontBurn
WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
Are they all 100 calories? I normally buy the regular size Smart Pop popcorn however I ran out and forgot to buy more. I have 2 of the smaller bags (mini bags) but all the info I have is one is "Butter" and the other is "Smart Pop" would they both be 100 calories?

Replies

• skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I believe they are 100 calories a serving and I think there is 2.5 servings in a bag. I just ate a Jiffy Pop Butter one for snack it was 225 calories for the whole bag.
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I think it depends on the brand.. I bought a box of them that was 100 calories per mini bag, but I have seen others out there that were more than 100 calories.
  • suehirschberg
    Options
    no not necessarily. Only if it says so on the bag.
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    you can google the brand and get the nutritional information from their web-site. Good luck.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    The smart opo mini bags are 100 calories.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. You really gotta read the labels and the serving size. Look for one that specifically says it's 100 calories for the whole bag.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Thanks the bags are just loose so there is no package info or I would have tried that. I normally buy the regular size Smart Pop and know that a whole bag is 260 calories.

It is orville redenbacher and on there site it doesn't say how big the bags are so I don't have much info to go on.

I guess I will chalk it up to 100 calories and buy what I know tomorrow :)

Thanks!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The Orville Redenbacher (SP?) mini bags that are 100 calories would say that they are the 94% Fat Free right on the bag itself. If it doesn't say that, it's likely not 100 calorie.

To answer your general question, not all mini bags are 100 calories. Most brands make mini bags of their regular flavors. So always make sure to check that if you want the 100 calorie ones, they're labeled as such.