Discouraged About having Plateaued or Gaining Weight.....

Options
To those of you who are at a wonderful plateau, as I am, or have gained a pound or two since you've started incorporating more strenght training/cardio in to your work out routine:

If your muscles are sore, it's b/c micro tears have occurred and your body will begin to retain water in those tears in order to aid in recovery and protection. Subsequently, this can cause your scale to move up or stick. When your muscles are used to working out more, etc... it will eventually expel that extra IMPORTANT AND VERY NEED FLUID and then you will see the scale move in your favor.

Try not to get discouraged... (I need to take my own advice)... and know that you need to stay focused, keep working out and maybe put up the scale and stop being a nazi about it your weight!!! Wouldn't you rather have your pants continue to get loser and loser and the scale stay the same or fluctuate between a pound or even a few... or would you rather the scale be the number that you've always dreamed, but you're still wearing the same pants? PUT THE SCALE UP FOR A WEEK OR TWO!!!

Replies

• lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this right now and driving myself crazy with the scale...
  • chubby1978
    Options
    This is so true and very good advice! I was plateaued for THREE LONG agonizing weeks! Last Thursday the scale finaly moved down two lbs...today another four. Give it time....keep up the good work and it will all even out! At least that's what I tell myself! Best of luck to you!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I agree. My scale keeps me discouraged if it's not moving or the numbers are going up. My pants on the other hand are my best friend when I feel them getting looser! :)
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Have you been following me? I have been fighting 3 freaking pounds up and down since Mid January. I can't get past it. :frown:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    TAPE MEASURE ladies tape measure.....you'll see the inches melt melt melt away often much longer before the scale ever moves!!!
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Plateau for over a month and now I've started gaining inches since I incorp weight training into the picture. I know what it caused by,, but it's still dishearten to say the least. My biceps are really looking better more defined and my hamstrings are coming along also. I keep telling myself it will balance out sooner or later, but sometimes it gets difficult...Thanks for the post....
  • treetz1979
    treetz1979 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ahh...I couldn't have read this at a better moment.....and I am taking your advice....to the closet the scale will go for awhile!!!!!
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    been plateaued for about a year now. you can't even imagine how awful is it. I work out 5-7 times a week, and nothing. when you feel discouraged about yours, just remember it could be much worse
  • shawnben
    shawnben Posts: 14
    Options
    Makes sense, I added mixed martial arts into my routine and have been gone up/been stuck a couple of times now.