Trying to loose weight again!!!

blondeblue102
blondeblue102 Posts: 1
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I am not new to this whole weight loss thing and know what my faults are. I really don't eat badly I don't eat junk food or drink soda I just eat too much and don't know when to stop :o I am hoping to learn better habits and actually stick to a plan and exercise routine. I would love to meet new people and gain new friendships along this journey.

Replies

• That's how I used to be, I was terrible with portion control. Now i have to measure everything with a measuring cup. But look at me now :)
    If I can do it, so can you!
    Welcome to MFP!
  • I am the same way too... I think the measuring cup will be my best friend going forward.
  • nkteach
    nkteach Posts: 41
    Same here. It was an ocassional bad food but mostly portion control. This site really helps if you log everything you eat. That was the turning point for me. I thought I was doing okay because it was all decently healthy, but after logging it was tons of calories! You can do it!
  • HomestarRunner
    HomestarRunner Posts: 13 Member
    I am completely with you on that! I was a fat pre-teen and just decided to lose weight one day because I was afraid of type 2 diabetes. I lost 50 pounds and felt awesome. During my senior year I gained 20 pounds and then lost is before I got married 4 years later. Then throughout my marriage I've gained 10 lost 10 gained 15 lost 15. Right now I am trying to lose weight again, because I had a baby 8 months ago. Its so hard. And I am breastfeeding, so I cant cut back too much oncalories. and having a baby takes up alot of time. I am working out, and trying to have a good diet. But this is hard. Its going to take a while. I got up to 185 during my pregnancy from 135 and now I am at 157. So still have a good 20 pounds to go. Good luck to you! I feel your pain. This is difficult.
  • HomestarRunner
    HomestarRunner Posts: 13 Member
    I am completely with you on that! I was a fat pre-teen and just decided to lose weight one day because I was afraid of type 2 diabetes. I lost 50 pounds and felt awesome. During my senior year I gained 20 pounds and then lost is before I got married 4 years later. Then throughout my marriage I've gained 10 lost 10 gained 15 lost 15. Right now I am trying to lose weight again, because I had a baby 8 months ago. Its so hard. And I am breastfeeding, so I cant cut back too much oncalories. and having a baby takes up alot of time. I am working out, and trying to have a good diet. But this is hard. Its going to take a while. I got up to 185 during my pregnancy from 135 and now I am at 157. So still have a good 20 pounds to go. Good luck to you! I feel your pain. This is difficult.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 780 Member
    Oh my you sound just like me! I got rid of soda from my life,except for the occasional one (which I drink less than half of then pass off on someone else LOL) And I don't really eat horribly. I just have no idea about portion control, so this is a learning experience for me too but I'm getting better at measuring what I'm sticking in my mouth and astonished at finding out how horribly WRONG I was about what size the portions actually are :)
This discussion has been closed.