grocery items

Options
mbakken90
mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
i am making a low carb grocery list to take back to school..i need suggestions. any suggestions are welcomed! thanks!

Replies

• Luv2Quilt47
    Options
    Just a couple of ideas. Don't know what you have for refrigeration. Peanut butter, nuts (I love the cocoa covered almonds - NOT chocolate but cocoa powder), sugar-free jello and/or pudding.
  • suzieqdiva
    suzieqdiva Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Complex Carbs - Oats, brown rice, whole wheat bead, whole wheat pasta.. and 100 calories Quaker Oat bars.

Amongst other things a good protein powder mix, flax seed seed (great sources of Omega 3), multi vits, would help you a lot as well. Do not forget to include a lot f fruits & veggies in your diet.... I even keep a bottle or cans of Low sodium V8 to drink on days I run short. An almonds, dry cranberries are always a snack favorite:-)

Good luck,

Suzie
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This may not be the answer you're looking for since I generally don't make shopping lists. But when I go to the supermarket, I just push my cart along the outer aisle/sides of the store looking for what's look really fresh or on sale: vegetables, nuts, fruits, dairy, meats, seafood. But skip the deli and baked goods:tongue:

I avoid the middle aisles like the plague as that's where the processed carbs and junk lie. I find this to be a simple method of eating good carbs and protein.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    jennie-o makes yummy low cal & fat meat like turkey bacon & sandwich meats :o) & eggs & cheese are low/no carbs (can buy fat free) & veggie steamers are an easy way to get in your veggies at college :o) most green veggies are low carb!