Boyfriend and I broke up... close to binging

Options
I feel so coos to binging bc i just feel like given gup. im already drinking. I've drank 3 beers an im bouts to drink margaritas nd coke nd rum. does it even matter at this point???? F***!!!!!

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Of course it matters. You are doing this for yourself. It's okay to be sad and I am very sorry for your loss, but don't take it out on yourself. You deserve better.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Is doing that gonna fix anything ? No. Find something positive to do with your time now. Call up some friends, see a movie, do something productive. I know its though, but don't take it out on ur health.
  • 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I agree.........you are worth making good choices.........don't let HIM do that to you......love yourself :)
  • hala2215
    hala2215 Posts: 1
    Options
    *(HUGS))) it will get better... one day...
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    I don't know the specifics but I know that you can make it through this. The goal is to be healthy! Whatever it takes to get you through this just get back up and keep fighting. Sending thoughts and prayers your way. Stay strong!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Hello, i understand that a breakup is hard, esp since i had mine less than a year ago. But drinking your sorrows away isnt the way to go. People never make us happy, we start by making ourselves happy by loving who we are, and then let people love us for who we are. You ex bf is not your life, so stop drinking, stop thinking of binging. Instead let it all out, emotions and all, talk to close friends and family. This is where you healing begins.

The drinking numbs u up for a short period of time, but ur going to wake up to reality, how long do u plan to drink this away? Hugs
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    That's not going to solve anything. It's ok to be upset - it's NOT okay to start drinking by yourself and eating yourself silly! :indifferent:
  • simplexserenity
    simplexserenity Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    After reading your profile, it sounds like you have goals and really want to accomplish something to continue to feel confident and sexy..beer, margaritas, and rum isn't sexy, but YOU are with or without a boyfriend. I know what it's like to feel like you care about nothing right now so why not screw everything up? BUT you did care enough to post this, which shows you're still a smart girl and you just need a little encouragement. I've been there, and I'm telling you..you're gonna be just fine.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    No matter how much you might have been in love or whatever the feelings were there is nothing more satisfying than living through struggles and coming out the other end BETTER than when you entered!! Take it from me... I've been there a few times and back and now I am cleaning up all the broken pieces. You don't want to be there. You are worth more.
  • jleegirl
    jleegirl Posts: 44
    Options
    Don't do it! The ultimate revenge would be for you to reach your goal and look and feel awesome! Use the anger/hurt and make it work for you at the gym. You'll look so good when you're finished he'll be begging you to come back.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Get a grip there is no one in this world worth your health, well except for your children you'd give your life for them but not a boyfriend. Evidently he's not the one for you or you would be with him, there's plenty more where he came from and most likely better, Treasure yourself
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Everything will be better 2morrow do something to get your mind off of it go to the gym or call some girl friends and vent about it :smile:
  • grneyety
    grneyety Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to judge you for drinking cause there is no way I'm ever going to quit however... 6 months ago my fiance died. I turned to alcohol and food and gained 20 lbs. So, I was 20lbs heavier AND he was still gone...Not really what I was going for. It didn't make me feel any better and now I have to work my butt off. If you can get back on the wagon tomorrow more power to you, if not, just stop now.
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    Miss,

I was there less than a month ago. It's hard. Relationships always are. I was engaged and very much in love with my fiance. We were together for more than 2 years.

When our relationship ended I felt as though I should just give up. I tried to give up, not only on myself, but on everything in life. I didn't want to go on. All the trivial things didn't matter any more. All the love and support from my friends only made it worse. I didn't want to hear "Everything will be okay" from one more person, and in all honesty while I wanted to be left alone with my feelings, I'm glad I wasn't.

You are smart enough to be here on MFP and to post about this so the people who care about you can be there for you.

Take a breath... Give it a little while... Take another.

I won't tell you it's going to be alright, because it might not be... BUT, it will get better.

If you want someone to talk to who was where you are a very short time ago, I'd be honored to have you as a friend.

Bless your heart... I know it hurts.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    talk about puke city!! Bear before liquor will make you sicker girl. Plus if you are going to eat lots of food on top of that you will be not just puking liquid but lots of solid at the same time. Really do you want to put yourself through that. Is he really going to suffer if you do this to yourself. HELL no he wont. ONly you will. Get up dust yourself off and lose the weight and look super HOT so he will see what he is missing. Plus can you imagine how bad you will feel tomorrow when you have that killer splitting headache and stink to boot. Plus you will be bloated as hell. Make him sorry by making your self healthy and more beautiful than you already are.
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to judge you for drinking cause there is no way I'm ever going to quit however... 6 months ago my fiance died. I turned to alcohol and food and gained 20 lbs. So, I was 20lbs heavier AND he was still gone...Not really what I was going for. It didn't make me feel any better and now I have to work my butt off. If you can get back on the wagon tomorrow more power to you, if not, just stop now.

I want to thank you for sharing that little part of your life with me. Compared to your dear loss, I know this is just a hiccup in life. I'm glad to know you're changing your life for the better and I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for supporting me for something as small as a break up with my boyfriend, no matter how much this hurts me. If you don't mind my saying, may God bless you and keep you strong always and I will listen to your advice
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    Options
    Miss,

I was there less than a month ago. It's hard. Relationships always are. I was engaged and very much in love with my fiance. We were together for more than 2 years.

When our relationship ended I felt as though I should just give up. I tried to give up, not only on myself, but on everything in life. I didn't want to go on. All the trivial things didn't matter any more. All the love and support from my friends only made it worse. I didn't want to hear "Everything will be okay" from one more person, and in all honesty while I wanted to be left alone with my feelings, I'm glad I wasn't.

You are smart enough to be here on MFP and to post about this so the people who care about you can be there for you.

Take a breath... Give it a little while... Take another.

I won't tell you it's going to be alright, because it might not be... BUT, it will get better.

If you want someone to talk to who was where you are a very short time ago, I'd be honored to have you as a friend.

Bless your heart... I know it hurts.

Thank you for sharing this personal part of your life with me. I understand all that you've said and, if you don't mind my saying as well, may God be with you and keep you strong too.

It takes strong people to share their losses with others they don't know, just to help them out. I would love to have you as a friend as well. =)
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    hope things get better.
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    Options
    Bear before liquor will make you sicker girl.

ewwww i totally forgot about that!!! well it looks like im gonna take everyones advice and not binge, nd quit drinking! this is gonna be hard but..i dnt wanna feel worse bout messing up all my hard work...
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    OMG, are you really going to let someone else take your power away? Don't think i'm being harsh, I'm really being supportive. Don't be self-destructive and let him win...Do something to make you feel better about yourself, not worse.

You are worth it. But you have to believe it first! Have your night of self pity or whatever, then get up in the morning and tell yourself that's it, you will not let him have another day of your life! Hang in there!