food has become my bad addiction.

Options
As a child I always had a weight issue. I come from and Italian family where I was introduced to the greatness of food. Over the years I have abused food and became comforted by having it. My main weakness is sweets. I just cant get enough.

I did not notice how big I had gotten until I really looked at my self a few days ago. Im only 17 and I am weighing in @ about 224 pounds (im 5'5).

I feel like I have been holding back from all the things that I always dreamed of being a part of and it has truly upset me.
I'm tired of giving in to the sweets and falling off track when it comes to my health. I want to live a confident life, without always worrying about my weight.

I hope for strength and the will to break these vicious habbits.
*** support is appreciated.

Replies

• beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can do it! And starting young is the way to go! I waited til I was 40! Just remember everything in moderation and exercise. You can do this if I can!!!
  • fairyjester
    Options
    start playing Zombie Farm , it will take the place off food, and you wont have time to eat
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! feel free to add me if you would like! You can do it :)
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!
  • bumcheeks
    Options
    I too struggle with the food because I have been taught how to find the 'good' super tasty food. All homecooked but pastas, breads, roasts etc.

I am having the trouble of finding the right food and eating habits. Perhaps we can try and test them together? I'm 22 and I always felt lost when I was your age. I always wanted to go to the beach or meet a boy for beach/ swim date etc but couldn't.

You can do this.

Always reaffirm your devotion to losing weight with positives. Never negatives.

When you look in the mirror don't say: "I hate my love handles"

Say: "In four weeks, you'll be a little memory!"

Em

GOOD LUCK
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just remember to make smalls goals and you will get to where you want in no time! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • gardenmama
    Options
    When we find our comfort or security in something that isn't good for us, just trying real hard is not enough. It's critical to still get you needs met- in a healthy way. We all need comfort and stress relief. Quiet, alone time with my journal is great to work through the stress of life. My bff and I go once a month or so to a soaking pool, and then eat dinner together and just dish. Long walks are good too. Take care of yourself, have some "me" time, and when you feel the pull to eat for reasons other than hunger- ask yourself what is bothering you and what you need to work through it- because it's NOT food. Hope that helps :)
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You can do it....moderation
  • breannatrevs
    Options
    thank you so much ! :)