Hi Im new is the calorie tracker working for anyone?

Options
:happy:

Replies

• beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 pounds in just over a month, so for me it is........
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The calorie tracker does work, but you also have to watch your sodium.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    yes it's working... why wouldn't it? i mean i'm not too sure if you have wandered around the site but there are tons of success stories in the success section on the message boards
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes it is! However, you do need to have a general knowlegde of healthy eating or it won't work as well. As an extreme example, if you ate all your 1400 (as an example) in chocolate, chips, and pop, your weight loss would not be realized very quickly (if at all). If you eat a healthy mix of complex carbs, low fat, healthy protein, a variety of vegetables, good fruits, and healthy fats, you will lose weight very effectively. You also have to be honest with what you put in your diary. If you heap your plate with pasta and document it as 1/2 c, you aren't going to be successful.
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This site keeps me on track 100%
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I have lost 18 pounds in just over a month, so for me it is........

since it's worked so well for you, can i ask you a question? do you eat 1200 calories a day or do you try to net 1200 calories a day?

and congrats on the weightloss!
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yep! Once you know how much your eating you know how much not to eat!:wink:
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I find it most useful to let me know when I'm UNDER the amount of calories I need to eat in a day so I can adjust my eating.
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Very much so!!! Been here about a month now. 14 pounds down! :)
  • Darrickb
    Darrickb Posts: 27
    Options
    It has really worked well for my wife and I. Helps you think about what I'm putting in my mouth.
  • dbboy
    dbboy Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi it works great. Just follow along the day with your calorie counter and you will be fine. I just add excercise and that is the great equalizer if not kicker to increase your weight loss.

sw 274
    cw 254
    1st goal 240 May 1st
    2nd goal 225 aug 1st
    3rd goal 205 dec 1st

good luck to all

185456.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Yes it is! However, you do need to have a general knowlegde of healthy eating or it won't work as well. As an extreme example, if you ate all your 1400 (as an example) in chocolate, chips, and pop, your weight loss would not be realized very quickly (if at all). If you eat a healthy mix of complex carbs, low fat, healthy protein, a variety of vegetables, good fruits, and healthy fats, you will lose weight very effectively. You also have to be honest with what you put in your diary. If you heap your plate with pasta and document it as 1/2 c, you aren't going to be successful.

Actually, I read an article about a professor who ate mainly sweets (in a months time) and still lost weight. But I think his point was, you can eat utter crap and keep track of your caloric intake and still lose weight. Although, eating nothing but sweets isn't healthy.

Keeping track of calories is ideal if you want to lose weight. But keeping track of sodium, fat, etc is important as well. If you watch these things, you're bound to make healthier food choices by not wanting to go over them.
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    I've been tracking my calories a little over a year now. I've lost 175 pounds! I still have a little ways to go but I will always have to track the calories I consume for the rest of my life. Its not a quick fix. Its now a way of life! I always said it was too hard to track calories and a hassle to have to weigh the food and all. I tried all the pills and FAD diets known to man it seems. But this is the first one that has totally changed the way I view food! I LOVE THIS SITE!! A word of advice though.....many people have their own opinions when it comes to weight loss....if you ask for advice then do your own research before you make a conclusion.