late night snacks

Options
I work 2nd shift and get home around 11:30. I do really well with food/eating/calories all day (which starts at 7am) and throughout the night at work. But when I get hoime, I need a little something-somthing while i am relaxing to unwind. The bowl of chips or the ice cream is just not what I want anymore.

Anyone have any late night healthy snack suggestions? I know fruit or veggies would work but with my food allergies, it make it a bit trickier.

I'll take any suggestions tho. Maybe I can through some recipies together.

Thanks so much. I am tryingto stay motivated, but Im just not feeling it
April

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I usually go for Yogurt Burst Cheerios. I eat it dry, like popcorn since I don't like popcorn, but eating the cereal with your fingers makes it seem like you are eating a LOT. If I have enough calories left for the day I add Dark Chocolate M & Ms or some nuts to make a kind of "Trail Mix"--be warned the chocolate & nuts can add a LOT of calories.
  • Boxer_Chick
    Options
    Popcorn and m and m's or cucumber slices in ranch.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Tonight I munched on celery sticks with peanut butter. Other times it's a bag of 100-calorie popcorn, an apple, small amount of tuna with sweet relish, a few raw almonds, a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries or cottage cheese with fruit.
  • alexiabryant
    Options
    crackers with cottage cheese and tomato is really nice and light. if your american im not sure what brand though as im australian
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Maybe some cottage cheese and pineapple chunks?

I find that when I have a little snack with some protein in it I feel more full and actually sleep better.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    crackers with cottage cheese and tomato is really nice and light. if your american im not sure what brand though as im australian

Hmmm...never had it with crackers and tomato, might have to give that a try!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Chocolate yogurt

Oikos - Organic Greek Yogurt - Plain 0% Fat, 0.5 Cup

McCormick's - Pure Vanilla Extract, 0.5 tsp

Great Value - No Calorie Sweetener (Loose -- Not In Individual Packets), 6 tsp

Jillian Michael's - Natural Whey Protein Triple Chocolate Shake, 1 scoop

Hershey - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 1 Tbsp

tap water - 1 to 2 oz

Per Serving: 181 calories

mix all together. should be the consistency of pudding. it's good and good for you with lots of protein.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, string cheese--my new favorite is Wheat Thins Tuscan Herb flatbread and a wedge of light Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb cheese--95 cals, and delic!--soup, cottage cheese, frozen peas, sugar free popsicle, fruit....

....this would be easier to answer if you told us what you were allergic to, lol!
  • Rikkijean
    Rikkijean Posts: 21
    Options
    homemade fruit salsa, with thin slices of cheese, and unsalted corn chips or wheat thin crackers...if you want sour cream with it try plain yogurt, i was iffy about it at first but really its almost the same taste.........homemade fruit salsa will keep a long time in the fridge and is way better than anything you can buy in the store...plus you only add what you want.......i make mine with mango, apple, kiwi, red onion, tomato, abit of green pepper, frank's red hot sauce, and a drizzel of lime juice to keep the apple from turning brown. you can add hot banana peppers and selantro if you like for more zippiness, but personaly i'm not a fan of selantro its an aquired taste...... but the spicier you make it, the longer it will keep...
  • aprilt76
    aprilt76 Posts: 5
    Options
    HaaHaaa. I guess it would.

I have oral allergy syndrome, which means I am highly allergic to the pollen in some fruits and veggies. The worst being carrots and apples. But anything with a high pollen count will trigger.

These are fantastic ideas. For some reason I never thought to have yogurt at night. It always seemed like a morning thing. I may do that. I really like the Chobani brand. And, the trail mix idea is great!

Thank you all.

Im going into school late today, so I am going to get a short walk in.

Have a great day!