victory at the doctors.

Options
tmdugger
tmdugger Posts: 134 Member
So had to go to the doctor today for a med check up and when I stepped on the scale it said 198.2 Fully clothed with SHOES!!!!! Over the moon about this. Last checkup in August I weighed 220, put on 4lbs over the holidays before I started in January.

My Doctor was very proud!!!! I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer 2 years ago. She was morbidly obese for 15yrs before she passed at 56. She always justified it because her blood pressure was good, so was her cholesterol, so was everything they could check. She always said I'm healthy fat.

There's no such thing. I see the same family doctor my mom saw and he is happy to see me taking responsibility for my health.

So glad for all my MFP friends that we're taking care of this and getting it done!

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK IT!!!!!!

& keep on rocking it!

My parents health issues also prompted me to get down to a healthy weight. They've suffered so much. I'm too much of a wuss to go through half of what they've been through.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    wow girl great job you should be so proud of yourself. i am one of the people who always has great cholesterol, blood pressure and everything else yet my bmi states me as obese. My main reason for losing weight is my health so i can live a long healthy life with my husband and kids. WE CAN DO THIS
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    So had to go to the doctor today for a med check up and when I stepped on the scale it said 198.2 Fully clothed with SHOES!!!!! Over the moon about this. Last checkup in August I weighed 220, put on 4lbs over the holidays before I started in January.

My Doctor was very proud!!!! I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer 2 years ago. She was morbidly obese for 15yrs before she passed at 56. She always justified it because her blood pressure was good, so was her cholesterol, so was everything they could check. She always said I'm healthy fat.

There's no such thing. I see the same family doctor my mom saw and he is happy to see me taking responsibility for my health.

So glad for all my MFP friends that we're taking care of this and getting it done!

sorry about ur mom !!! and congrads on being under 200 i cant wait to get there !
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! While it feels good to be down pounds, its an even better feeling to be in better health! I can't wait to be a part of the "1-somethings" crowd too :)
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Wow! Very inspiring. Keep going, keep going!!! :)
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

Welcome to Onederland!! Fantastic job!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!