Moobs problem

Options
Hi All,

I am 5'6'' and 165 lbs. Started here a couple of weeks ago and have been losing approx 2/week. The problem I have is that I have a huge belly and moobs. :(

I am wondering if I continue to lose weight, would the size of moobs reduce too?

Thanks!

Replies

• Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ROFL!!

yes.
  • StephanieKUgalde
    Options
    Are you working out your chest???? It should help tighten, lift, and fill them out.
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    Actually...5'6" isn't that small...and 165lbs is not that fat o0
    I'm wondering how did you manage to get man boobs?

And you goalr weight of 127lbs might eben be a little bit...underweight maybe.

I think you should start working out a little bit...if you drop weight the tissue will start to hang...tighten it with working out.
    And drinking a lot of water :wink:
  • nanont
    nanont Posts: 4
    Options
    Are you working out your chest???? It should help tighten, lift, and fill them out.

Thanks! WIll start that tomorrow!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Some guys just have some natural moobage... Fat stores differently on different people.

Start building some pecs and you'll turn those moobs into muscles!!
  • nanont
    Options
    Actually...5'6" isn't that small...and 165lbs is not that fat o0
    I'm wondering how did you manage to get man boobs?

And you goalr weight of 127lbs might eben be a little bit...underweight maybe.

I think you should start working out a little bit...if you drop weight the tissue will start to hang...tighten it with working out.
    And drinking a lot of water :wink:

Haha.. I have no idea how I managed to get them! My goal weight is 140. Guess I entered it wrong. Thanks for answering!
  • nanont
    Options
    Some guys just have some natural moobage... Fat stores differently on different people.

Start building some pecs and you'll turn those moobs into muscles!!

Thanks! Pecs time it is!
  • spaboleo
    spaboleo Posts: 172
    Options
    You could e.g. start doing the 100pushups program (http://www.hundredpushups.com/)
    It is a 6week (or more) program encouraging you to do 100 pushups in the end.
    But I think that's not the highest benefit...

The advantage is that you have a trainings plan to stick to.
    To train your overall upper body including the chest you can start doing three different types of pushups.

Standard wide pushups (chest and biceps)
    wide fly pushups (mostly pecs)
    military pushups (mostly tri-/biceps)

Just look for video instructions on youtube... :smile:
  • reymemo
    reymemo Posts: 8
    Options
    You need to reduce your bodyfat overall. Its not possible to spot reduce. With a combination of good dieting/ FULL body strentgh training and cardio, you will lose the unnecessary body fat. If your body fat is low and say you can see a six pack but still have moobs chances are you might have a condition called gyno (short name)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yeah man, keep burning fat and the moobs and belly will go away.

Don't try to target fat loss in any particular area because it won't work. Sure, go ahead and work your pecs, but don't forget about your shoulders, back, abs, hamstrings, calves, biceps, triceps. Hit every muscle group equally.
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Don't try to target fat loss in any particular area because it won't work. Sure, go ahead and work your pecs, but don't forget about your shoulders, back, abs, hamstrings, calves, biceps, triceps. Hit every muscle group equally.

Does anyone else think he shouldn't aim to increase muscle in that area? He might put on more bulk. If I were him, I wouldn't try to increase muscle, just tone.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Does anyone else think he shouldn't aim to increase muscle in that area? He might put on more bulk. If I were him, I wouldn't try to increase muscle, just tone.

He is going to be in fat-burning mode, i.e., calorie deficit. The strength training will serve to maintain current muscle mass. It's extremely difficult, if not impossible, to add more muscle mass while running a calorie deficit.

What's "tone"?