Baby weight & then some...

Options
New here! Just had my second baby (7/10) & it really took it's toll on my body weight-wise, as I was already about 20-25 lbs overweight. I am currently 16 lbs shy of my pre-pregnancy weight, but like I said...I was already overweight when I got preggo. I am desperate to get the weight off as I am sick of being tired & want to be as healthy as I can be for my sweet little boy, especially since I am nearing 40, so age is not on my side here. LOL

I have never joined anything like this but so far I love it! I'm already amazed how conscious the daily diary is making me of my choices & the motivation I have to be sure I get to log my exercise for the day. Hoping to get some extra encouragement from fellow MFPers, so LOTS of friends welcome! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• starryeyedsnoozer
    starryeyedsnoozer Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome :0) I'm also trying to shift the baby bulge, my baby is nearly 2 and I can't keep using him as an excuse for my flabby tummy. Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Natalie x
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I gained 55lbs with my pregnancy(I was already like 10lbs more than normal). I was limited to bedrest and well frankly....I ate whatEVER I wanted!!! the first 40lbs fell off within the first month.........................the last 25lbs. wanted to stay. I encourage you to try Jillian Michael's workouts. The best ever in my opinion is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. This workout does not require weights and is 7 circuits plus a warm up and a cool down. You don't have to do all the circuits in the beginning...just do what you can. This workout melted the weight off of me. 25lbs from Valentines day to the beginning of June! (2010) She also has No More Trouble Zones, but I don't burn anywhere near the same amount of calories during that workout that I do during BFBM. Plus, this workout consists of resistance training and plyometrics.....you will not only burn fat, but you will get stronger!!! I wish you the best....you can reach your goals!

EDIT: My profile pic was taken July 2010( I was about 115lbs)...this was after weighing 182lbs at only 4'11''.........................yeah baby. Well my original weight was 182..then I had her and was down to like 140-ish after a month. I ended up losing the rest of the baby weight plus some!!! You can do it too!
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am in the same situation as you....I think many of us women are. I had my second in August and only gained about 20-25lbs however I was already about 20 lbs overweight from my first pregnancy. My oldest is 4! I have PCOS so it is very difficult for me to lose weight however since joining MFP I have already lost 10lbs! Feel free to add me....I can use all the support I can get.
  • Sillyhead1011
    Sillyhead1011 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Same boat here also...I had my 4th baby 10/8/09....i love this site...good luck !
  • kgarza810
    kgarza810 Posts: 37
    Options
    my second child was born in september! I have lost 17 lbs since then and have 26 more to go! god luck to you.
  • jennblack23
    Options
    my youngest is 4 now..lol..i have no excuse..i'm still trying to get the weight off from all three of my pregnancies :P