Sodium is way over!!

Options
Idk what to do =/ my sodium seems to be going WAAAAY over! HELP HELP HELP!!! Does this make me bloat??

Replies

• sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Overall, I'd say to watch the sodium from now on! If you don't drink enough water, then yes, you will retain water. I usually see about a one-pound difference on the scale the next day, but it's gone after I drink about 8-10 glasses of water. Hope this helps!
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yes lol, hello again:)
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Overall, I'd say to watch the sodium from now on! If you don't drink enough water, then yes, you will retain water. I usually see about a one-pound difference on the scale the next day, but it's gone after I drink about 8-10 glasses of water. Hope this helps!

so drinking lots of water will help the bloating go down??? aaaaah! tomorrow i am on it like ants on a crumb!
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    Options
    hello xD
    nd thanks again for the help!:smile:
  • fitnezrox
    fitnezrox Posts: 41
    Options
    Try to eliminate as many processed and packaged foods as you can. I shoot for 1500mg and under each day (most days I am under). Sugar and sodium will hinder your weight loss. Too much sugar will turn to fat in your body and too much sodium will make you reatin water weight. Make sure you are drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water daily (more if you are working out........minimum of additional 4 ounces for every 30 minutes you work out). I hope this helps.

Have a beautiful and healthy evening
    Kim
  • CriticalX
    CriticalX Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sodium is a part of everyone's diet, but how much is too much? Under ideal conditions, the minimum sodium requirement is about 1,500 milligrams (mg) of sodium each day. This is les than 1 teaspoon of table salt. The maximum recommended level of sodium intake is 2,300 mg per day. On average, American men consume between 3,100 and 4,700 mg of sodium per day, while women consume between 2,300 and 3,100 mg (due to their lower calorie intake, not because of restricting sodium).
  • sashaverlene
    sashaverlene Posts: 123 Member
    Options

so drinking lots of water will help the bloating go down??? aaaaah! tomorrow i am on it like ants on a crumb!

Yep! Your body won't need to hold the water because you're drinking enough to stay hydrated!
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    try to eat as few processed, frozen and packaged foods as possible. Eat more raw fruits/veggies whole wheat pasta, grilled chicken etc.
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    Options
    this kind of makes me sad bc i cant afford the fresher and healthier foods. I eat what my little sister buys and most of it is processed. Now im scared I wont lose anything :cry: