Sodium and Exercises

Options
It looks like my sodium is up and Im scared thats messing up my chances of losing weight!!! If i cnt get my sodium dwn, are there any exercises that'll help push thru that? or am i basically screwed?

Replies

• Valorin
    Valorin Posts: 21
    Options
    I would think that any exercise would be fine. Sodium is simply salt, and when you sweat you lose salt through that, so i would think that if you were to sweat a lot in a workout you would lose sodium. I'm not a doctor, so don't take my thought as the truth, but it's just a logical thought even if I may be wrong.
  • reymemo
    reymemo Posts: 8
    Options
    Can't you just reduce your sodium intake? If weight is your concern excess sodium will retain more water= more weight. Quickest way is the sauna. Next would be on a treadmill with a sweater.
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    RiiNaCHiiCK09 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    i kno i cud try and reduce it bt bc im staying at my little sisters house and most of her food is processed, i cant reduce my sodium intake without starving myself =(
  • fitnezrox
    fitnezrox Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi again, I took a look at your food diary, and I would say you really need to keep away from all the packaged foods you are eating. They are high in sodium, preservatives, sugars, and fats.......the nutrition value in these foods is very low. Try to get more vegetables and low sugar fruits (like berries) and lean fresh proteins in your diet, stick with healthy whole grain carbs, and low fat dairy products. Exercise is not going to eliminate the issues with sodium, not to mention the health risks involved with such high amounts of sodium daily. It may seem like a lot of extra work at the beginning but it will pay off in the way you look and feel once you get into the habit of eating fresh real foods. It gets easier as time goes by, and once you get a routine down with your menus you can be more prepared each day. Hope this helps out.

Kim
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    Options
    Hi again, I took a look at your food diary, and I would say you really need to keep away from all the packaged foods you are eating. They are high in sodium, preservatives, sugars, and fats.......the nutrition value in these foods is very low. Try to get more vegetables and low sugar fruits (like berries) and lean fresh proteins in your diet, stick with healthy whole grain carbs, and low fat dairy products. Exercise is not going to eliminate the issues with sodium, not to mention the health risks involved with such high amounts of sodium daily. It may seem like a lot of extra work at the beginning but it will pay off in the way you look and feel once you get into the habit of eating fresh real foods. It gets easier as time goes by, and once you get a routine down with your menus you can be more prepared each day. Hope this helps out.

Kim

sadly thats all my little sister has in her house and thats who i live with now =(
  • EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Are you able to buy your own food? Or at least some of it?
  • RiiNaCHiiCK09
    Options
    nope :frown:
    sad to say, i am jobless as well