(5 ingredients) Amazing Stuffed Chicken Breasts (Low carb)

Options
lcamero2
lcamero2 Posts: 52
I love making this chicken when I am going to have a busy week and want to making something easy and that will last me a few days. I am a novice cook, and not that great at cooking, but everyone in my family says this is one dish that tastes great :)

I basically change the amounts in the recipe based on how much I am making but here is what I generally use.

3 large chicken breasts
Bell peppers (chopped; one of each: red, green, orange
1 red onion (chopped)
half a large bag of fresh spinach
italian or mozzarella cheese (you need to use your eye as a measuring tool.... add more or less to your taste)
and 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil (just for the pan)

1) Thaw the chicken breasts and drain the fat and chicken juice. Set over to 425 degrees F.
2) Saute the bell peppers and onions until slightly soft and empty into medium sized bowl.
3) Wilt the spinach in olive oil (start with a small bunch and add more as it wilts) and then add and melt cheese until desired ...cheesiness i guess.. is attained, and separate mixture into bowl.
4) Make a slit in the chicken breasts from one side to the other (like making a pocket out of the breast) and stuff with the cheese and spinach filling. Can hold closed with toothpicks if needed.
5) Put chicken breasts into a pan and cover the breasts with the bell peppers and onions.
6) Add some cheese to the top of the vegetables, cover in tinfoil, and bake for 45-50 minutes..

The chicken cooks in its own juices and is so tender you can cut it with a fork. Mushrooms can also be added on top :)

If you try this out.. msg me to tell me what you think :)

Whole recipe:
1735 cal / 38g carbs / 68.4g fat / 226.8 g protein

**** 1 serving = half a breast (4 oz)
289 cal / 6.3g carbs / 11.4g fat (all healthy from chicken and cheese) / 37.8g protein :)

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    sounds amazing. thanks for this!
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Sounds super awesome!! I will be trying this one for sure! :love:
  • jessista
    jessista Posts: 10
    Options
    That sounds good, but I can't have the cheese with the chicken--know a good substitution?
  • lcamero2
    Options
    Instead of adding cheese, you can increase the amount of spinach and perhaps add some finely chopped onions and stuff the breasts with lots of spinach... it will still be juicy. You could also wilt the spinach in a small amount of cream (unless you are lactose intolerant) and then stuff it with the cream/spinach mixture.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing! I will have to buy some chicken breasts to try... right now I only have lots of chicken tenders!
  • lcamero2
    Options
    Ha.. i guess you could always sandwidge two tenders together and make the pocket like that :P
  • tgaul
    tgaul Posts: 123
    Options
    bump
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    YUM. Bump.
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sounds good I'll have to try it out.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    BUMP!
  • nkteach
    nkteach Posts: 41
    Options
    bump...yummy!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Sounds good.Do you know the caloric count.Also on step 3 do you put the spinach in a pan with the oil.
    Thanks!can`t wait to try.
    Thanks for sharing!
    jane
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Sounds so yummy
  • lcamero2
    Options
    Yes..put the oil in first and slowly start to add the spinach.. wilting small bunches at a time until all your spinach is in the pan and wilted then you add the cheese to the pain until its all melted into one.
    I do not know the calorie count.. but i just did some quick calculations... and heres what it should be roughly:

Whole recipe:
    1735 cal / 38g carbs / 68.4g fat / 226.8 g protein

**** 1 serving = half a breast (4 oz)
    289 cal / 6.3g carbs / 11.4g fat (all healthy from chicken and cheese) / 37.8g protein :)
  • lcamero2
    Options
    That sounds good, but I can't have the cheese with the chicken--know a good substitution?

I almost forgot about my other chicken recipe that is similar to this but without cheese... Instead of spinach and cheese stuffing, you use a can of whole tomatoes (i prefer alymers) that are chopped and sauteed with onions and italian spices (oregano, basil. parlsey) and stuff the chicken. then on top you cover it with the bell peppers but also with the left over tomatoes and you add mushrooms on top and you spice it to your taste.. i usually add lots of cayenne and make mine spicy.
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome will have to try it out. Thanks!
  • monylove311
    monylove311 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks, sounds yummy. I always overcook chicken. (I think its my fear of pink chicken! ugh!) : )
  • jessicafreake
    Options
    sounds good will have to try this
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    This sounds really delicious! Will be trying this for sure!

Thanks for sharing x
  • ksumm21
    ksumm21 Posts: 15
    Options
    Yum! I will definitely be trying this one soon. :)