Hiya every one!

Options
Hi just thought I would jump in & intorduce myself finally. I'm Alex, when i started my weight lose journey I was 170lbs,thats heavier then I have been during my 3 pregnancies. I gained 50lbs when I quit smoking, and only lately have been taking diet & exercise seriously. I am following Dr.Phils weight lose solution, which seems to be working well for me.,plus I have picked up an old passion, kick boxing. It is a great work out.
Any way i am rambling. Congrats to all ! Good luck everyone. Happy weight loss!

Replies

• kukaluk
    kukaluk Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi just thought I would jump in & intorduce myself finally. I'm Alex, when i started my weight lose journey I was 170lbs,thats heavier then I have been during my 3 pregnancies. I gained 50lbs when I quit smoking, and only lately have been taking diet & exercise seriously. I am following Dr.Phils weight lose solution, which seems to be working well for me.,plus I have picked up an old passion, kick boxing. It is a great work out.
    Any way i am rambling. Congrats to all ! Good luck everyone. Happy weight loss!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome girlie!!! You will love it here! :flowerforyou:
  • RosieWiltshire
    Options
    Hello. Dont read this unless you want to be depressed!!!

Im feeling really down about being so porky, I love food so mucha nd I am always hungry no matter how much I eat!
    Im not sure how im going to lose 28ibs in 10 weeks but it has to be done, going away for xmas and I want to look hot ina bikini!!
    Dont have any motivation to excersise, I dont want to go out cause Im self concious so toe exercise is a big no at the mo!
    if you have any advice or if you just wanna tell me to take a laong walk off a short peir then do, I need to know there are others out there!
    :sad:
  • msblondy16
    Options

Im feeling really down about being so porky, I love food so mucha nd I am always hungry no matter how much I eat!
    Im not sure how im going to lose 28ibs in 10 weeks but it has to be done, going away for xmas and I want to look hot ina bikini!!
    Dont have any motivation to excersise, I dont want to go out cause Im self concious so toe exercise is a big no at the mo!
    if you have any advice or if you just wanna tell me to take a laong walk off a short peir then do, I need to know there are others out there!

aww Ruthie don't be so down! you can do it, just take it one step at a time. if you are always hungry, snack on lots of veggies all the time. cucumbers are great because they are super crunchy so they help me with frustration (instead of chips) and are very low cal. carrots are good for that too. so eat as many of those as you want! and they both have a lot of fiber in them which helps to fill you up. the key to being full is fiber and protein. try whole-wheat bread or oatmeal and lots of fruits and veggies for your fiber fix. i eat a lot of cheese and chicken and eggs for my protein. i have celiac disease so i cant eat regular bread or flour or anything so these are always great options.

as for exercise, no one is going to judge you for just going for a walk! you can do situps and pushups at home if you dont want to go to the gym and i know that there are a lot of at-home pilates and yoga workouts and such. i personally find it motivating to go to the gym and see everyone working their butts off. and not all of them are super-fit and perfect!

i can relate to your feelings about your weight. just know that you are not alone in this weight-loss struggle. and, most importantly, YOUR WEIGHT/SIZE DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO YOU ARE. you are much more than what you look like. focus on your friends and family who depend on you and how good you are at your work or school. people care about you and love you no matter what size you are. you need to be happy with yourself at any weight to truly let your true self shine through.

YOU CAN DO THIS! one day at a time, one meal at a time, this will happen for you if you work at it. i have cried many times wishing that my weight would come off overnight and that my clothes would fit better again. but it took me 4 months to put this weight on so it will take time to take it off, too.

ok. sorry for the ramble. i hope you feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • msblondy16
    Options

aww Rosie don't be so down! you can do it, just take it one step at a time. if you are always hungry, snack on lots of veggies all the time. cucumbers are great because they are super crunchy so they help me with frustration (instead of chips) and are very low cal. carrots are good for that too. so eat as many of those as you want! and they both have a lot of fiber in them which helps to fill you up. the key to being full is fiber and protein. try whole-wheat bread or oatmeal and lots of fruits and veggies for your fiber fix. i eat a lot of cheese and chicken and eggs for my protein. i have celiac disease so i cant eat regular bread or flour or anything so these are always great options.

as for exercise, no one is going to judge you for just going for a walk! you can do situps and pushups at home if you dont want to go to the gym and i know that there are a lot of at-home pilates and yoga workouts and such. i personally find it motivating to go to the gym and see everyone working their butts off. and not all of them are super-fit and perfect!

i can relate to your feelings about your weight. just know that you are not alone in this weight-loss struggle. and, most importantly, YOUR WEIGHT/SIZE DOES NOT DETERMINE WHO YOU ARE. you are much more than what you look like. focus on your friends and family who depend on you and how good you are at your work or school. people care about you and love you no matter what size you are. you need to be happy with yourself at any weight to truly let your true self shine through.

YOU CAN DO THIS! one day at a time, one meal at a time, this will happen for you if you work at it. i have cried many times wishing that my weight would come off overnight and that my clothes would fit better again. but it took me 4 months to put this weight on so it will take time to take it off, too.

ok. sorry for the ramble. i hope you feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • kukaluk
    kukaluk Posts: 15
    Options
    Thank- u for the kind welcome!
    And Rosie look how much love and support you recieved,when you opened up,about having a hard time. You couldn't have picked a better place to let it all go. From what I can tell no one judges,only supports!
    Like the others have said one step at a time! You CAN do this.& with such a supportive group you WILL do this!
    I hope today has been better for you. We all have those days that we feel hopeless,sometimes that day lasts for a week, but this to shall pass. DON"T quit. there is a great support system right here for you.
    Take Care:flowerforyou: