METABOLISM!!

Options
I have been running 1.5-2 miles 5 times a week for the past 3 months. Do you guys think that my metabolism has been boosted from that??

And the other question is that is it important that I eat some source of carb everyday? will including a bread roll for lunch harm me?

Replies

• Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • knothead76
    Options
    I have known many many people that have done "no carb" "low carb" diets. My brother being one of them. He lost a TON of weight while doing it, but as soon as he lost the weight and started adding carbs back to his diet, his weight poured back on. I, personally, have NOT taken carbs out of my diet, although I have changed the type of carbs (somewhat). I eat 12 grain bread instead of white bread (more fiber, and healthier), still eat white rice, still eat pretty much anything with carbs (with the exception of junk food). I have lost 15 lbs in 5 weeks. The ONLY things I have taken out of my diet are the chips, snack cakes, cookies, candy, fast food, etc.
    From what I have read, the more trim you become the more carbs your body needs to function. Just watch the "type" of carbs you are eating. If you still feel you want to restrict the carbs alot, then that is fine too, but if you want to have a roll with dinner, don't feel guilty about it, just log it.
  • fudokung
    fudokung Posts: 31
    Options
    thank you. I mean if i dont go for the bread roll i feel i lack the carbs because if i eat pasta with my salad i feel like i am taking in too many calories and without any source of carbs i sometimes have this temptation to go for sponge cakes....... surely a bread roll must be better for me than a sponge cake right?

and will running a mile to 2 miles everyday bump my metabolism up??
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Depends on the roll. Some rolls can be a whopping 400 calories. Carbs are in veggies so if you are getting veggies in you should be good.
  • caat1rules
    caat1rules Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course running will speed up your metabolism; however, don’t stress about your metabolism and just eat a good diet and exercise and it will all come together for you.
  • fudokung
    Options
    well i fill half my plate with green salad anyway (cabbage most of the time). would u recommend any other veggies??

Normally I have a french dinner roll (one of those normal size crusty ones),, are they healthy?

Because sometimes I feel like I need more energy to go through the day...... will eating a plain sponge cake everyday harm me???
  • PoleBoy
    PoleBoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    a wholemeal roll would be better than a cake
  • fudokung
    Options
    well I eat school meal so I dont have much choice for bread rolls.

Would you suggest I should eat white bread roll if i have no alternatives? Or can you suggest any other alternatives?
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I eat carbs but nothing over 100 aday ,your body needs them for energy.I dont however eat anything white,including flour to bake with.I was on this 50 carbs or less thing and I was so tired all the time and my workouts were suffering.So i say Do Carbs! they are not your ememy just be wise wich ones you pick.:bigsmile:
  • bethymay123
    Options
    Alot of veggies will give you some carbs( I am learning cuz son is type 1 diabetic). Carrots, potatoes, any winter squash, most root type veggies.

To tell the truth I believe that you can have that spongecake as long as you don't go overboard. Plan it into your daily calorie intake. Having said that try subing out the sponge cake for an apple or orange your body gets its surgar butit isin't the processed sugar in spongecake.

When you build muscle you fire up your metabalism, so your running is a god thing. You are getting your fat burning cardio and building up leg muscles.

Keep up the great work and don't sressout over all the little things. The best advise is plan out your meals and leave about 100 or so calories so that if you want that spongecake for dessert it will fit.:happy:
  • EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me to intake 40-50% carbs if I'm working out...so I do 20 fat, 30 pro and 50 carbs!!!