Why has the weight stopped coming off?

Options
Hello,

I'm 6"- 6'1" and I am 35 yrs old, male, I have been running(jogging) three times a week, Mon. Wed.& Fri.. My jogging has increased weekly in duration, I am up to 25 minutes jogging and 10 minutes walking on the treadmill. On those days I also do 25 minutes of yoga, On my off-running days Tues. Thurs. & Sat. I do 15 min. on Bow-flex ( 9 exercises) and 45-55 minutes of Yoga. Sunday is a light day 25-35 minutes of Yoga. I consume between 2100-2500 calories a day.
When I started six weeks ago exercising and tracking my calorie intake I was at 256 lbs. I lost some weight quickly in the beginning but now I have seemed to reach a plateau. My question is my calorie intake to low? Or, am I working out to frequently and not taking enough time off for rest? I do feel a little( not much) more sluggish than usual lately. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Replies

• eknowles1982
    Options
    You could be turning that fat into muscle which is going to plateau the weight loss. I'd pay attention to inches lost (how are your clothes fitting?) That's how I judge my "loss". When I first started going to the gym, I gained 2 lbs, but I dropped a pant size. Don't be discouraged. Keep doing what you are doing, but listen to your body and rest when it needs to rest. Take a Wed off if you feel you need the break.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I sat at a standstill for almost three weeks! It was excruciating, but I stuck it out and the weight is coming off again. Think of it as two steps forward, stand still and then forward again! Just tough it out...hard as that can be. Keep the faith!
  • 2dogmom
    2dogmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It could be that your body/muscles have adjusted to your routine. That is always my problem. Maybe changing the type of exercises and/or increasing the intensity will help. Since I started working with a trainer (who constantly changes my workout routine) I havn't hit my usual plateau. Most important - don't give up!
  • vanwinkle248
    Options
    Thanks guys for the feedback, really appreciate it.