Failure story?

Options
2»

Replies

• pamoriley
    pamoriley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At least you lost 29 before you gained 8 back. You could be 37 pounds heavier if you hadn't started at all!
  • lowpost42
    lowpost42 Posts: 49
    Options
    I did the all-inclusive thing this winter.

I tried to offset the damage by hitting the on-site gym for an hour a day; still came home 3 pounds heavier.

It was gone in a week - I wonder how much of it is simply adapting to the climate change (body holding extra water to deal with the heat)?
  • dcrabill10
    Options
    I've got the same thing coming up next week. I've been pounding on my body for the past month or 2 to get ready and I'm at the point I want to be (with some additional muscle to add) and will be at an all-inclusive in Jamaica for a week. Which I'm sure will result in more pounding of the body to get back to where I was before the trip. :) It happens.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    I've got the same thing coming up next week. I've been pounding on my body for the past month or 2 to get ready and I'm at the point I want to be (with some additional muscle to add) and will be at an all-inclusive in Jamaica for a week. Which I'm sure will result in more pounding of the body to get back to where I was before the trip. :) It happens.

Have a great time! I went to the Grand Palladium Jamaica a couple years ago and had a blast!
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    In the same boat... lost 25 lbs and have had a couple of weeks break from exercise - still kind of watching the diet aspect and I've put on about 3-4 lbs... but this is while I've been trying to be in maintain mode - You've done well being on an all-inclusive vacay!

Get back on the fitness wagon and I'll join you in a couple of days :)
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    Thats not a failure.. its called "Vacation" for a reason right? lol
  • HuffHesitation
    Options
    I dont wanna seem like I'm making it rain on your parade but I think its the overall calories that matters. Last weekend, I drank 8 or 9 beers but made sure to keep an eye on my overall calories for the day. When I got on the scale to weigh in, I actually lost 3lbs since last week. So yes you can drink as many beers as you want, just make sure youre not over by too much on your daily calorie limit. Worked for me.
  • lorriefagan
    lorriefagan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about the same thing...going to Punta Cana in 4 days! Maybe I'll just go on a "liquid diet" for the week...lol! Guess I will have to pay more attention to what I eat and portion control, which is difficult at buffets....I will try and limit myself to only 1 trip up to the buffet tables.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!