In need of a good dance cardio workout!

Options
Hey all!

I bought Turbo Jam, and i like the workouts but i'm not loving the music that goes along with it!! Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've been looking at hip hop abs and was also wondering if anyone knew which hip hop songs are on that one.. thanks for your help!

Replies

• Bambola13
    Options
    Hey all!

I bought Turbo Jam, and i like the workouts but i'm not loving the music that goes along with it!! Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've been looking at hip hop abs and was also wondering if anyone knew which hip hop songs are on that one.. thanks for your help!
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have access to a Nintendo Wii but Dance Dance Revelution is awesome!!! You can either just try to do the songs for however long you're looking to workout or there is a work out mode. I wear my HRM and burn between 400 and 500 calories in 45 minutes!! This of course playing by myself so I don't have to take turns!!! :happy:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Usually when I'm not into the music on a video, I wait til I basically know the moves down pat then just turn the volume down on the tv, and put on my own music. I have however learned however that you have to use something with a similar tempo or it could hinder the workout!
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have access to a Nintendo Wii but Dance Dance Revelution is awesome!!! You can either just try to do the songs for however long you're looking to workout or there is a work out mode. I wear my HRM and burn between 400 and 500 calories in 45 minutes!! This of course playing by myself so I don't have to take turns!!! :happy:
    that sounds interesting. I see 2 versions are available. Which one did you buy . And what else is needed with it, apart from the console of course?
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    [that sounds interesting. I see 2 versions are available. Which one did you buy . And what else is needed with it, apart from the console of course?

I bought the Dance Dance Revelution Hottest Party 2. It's the newest one I believe. All you need is the console, game, a bottle of water and a towel for your sweat! :happy:
  • neha_duvvuri
    Options
    [that sounds interesting. I see 2 versions are available. Which one did you buy . And what else is needed with it, apart from the console of course?

I bought the Dance Dance Revelution Hottest Party 2. It's the newest one I believe. All you need is the console, game, a bottle of water and a towel for your sweat! :happy:
    :happy: And is it around 70 USD?
  • Bambola13
    Options
    Usually when I'm not into the music on a video, I wait til I basically know the moves down pat then just turn the volume down on the tv, and put on my own music. I have however learned however that you have to use something with a similar tempo or it could hinder the workout!

Ya I know what you mean, the music they play goes along with the dance moves! I put my ipod on and it just wasnt the same!
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    :happy: And is it around 70 USD?
    [/quote]

It was under $70 Canadian. (just for the game) Not sure how much it would be in the US. Not as cheap as a video for sure but way more fun and there are so many songs and levels!
  • neha_duvvuri
    Options
    Thx! :flowerforyou:
    Now need to figure out, how to get that approved :tongue:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have Hip Hop Abs... but I'm not Hip Hop music savy, so I have no clue what songs are on there.
    I actually like Shaun T's Rockin Body workout better than HHA, but that's just me, maybe :)
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There's another good dance program called Core Rhythms.