I AM READY to detox my life!

Options
I am so ready for a complete life makeover!
I don't want another year to pass me by without me making the most of
my time to become the person I know I can become.

My Fitness Pal has helped me so much in the short time I have been a member
because looking at my food diary is forcing me to face reality.
I know that changing my eating habits is going to require a major detox
of junk food, fast food, too much sugar and carbohydrates.

But I also realize that if I want to successfully release my excess weight, I will
also need to detox other areas of my life.
The primary area that I need to detox is my relationships.
I really need to eliminate toxic people from my life, and a couple of those people are
family members who I need to set stricter boundaries with.

As I reflected upon my past journey with weight loss, I realized that one of my major obstacles
were some of the people in my life. Well meaning (?) friends who insisted that
drinking too much water would be bad for my health, making negative comments
about my efforts to eat healthier and exercise, and feeling that they needed to hold me back or keep me down
in order to make them feel better about themselves.
In the past, having a support network of like minded people who were on the
same journey of creating healthier lifestyles really helped me to stay focused on my goals.

My Fitness Pal has been a blessing because it provides the opportunity to
find a positive support network of like minded people who are motivating
each other to achieve their goals.
I look forward to making new MFP friends, and feel free to add me as a friend.

If you have had to change your relationships or deal with toxic relatives during
your weight loss journey, I would like to hear your tips on how you did it so
that you could create a better life for yourself.

Wishing you all continued success!

Replies

• EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wishing you good success aswell,detoxing my life too! :D
  • sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    You hit my Life on the head- I could have written this - so any advise you get please share add me as a friend if I am not already -
  • KittMahan
    KittMahan Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm doing this too Teagle, it's the hardest thing I've ever done... watch for a message fom me...
  • DreaMartinez
    Options
    It is so good to surround yourself with like minded people who support you and are going through the same thing as you.
    I had been telling myself and some people I was going to do this, but then would get food forced on me. I'd go to my parents and if they were having dinner I would serve myself what I wanted and they would force me to finish what was in the pan or my kids meals.

I finally had to sit down with them and ask them to stop doing that and explained how it was hindering me because I felt I had to.
    I know that's not quite as bad, but having that talk with them made them realize what they were doing and they became much more supportive.

Good luck and I wish you all the success with the detoxing in your life!
  • gail4721
    gail4721 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your quest. I wish you much success. Getting rid of those who iintentionally or non-intentionally sabatoge you is a major obstacle to overcome. YOU CAN DO IT!:happy:
  • caat1rules
    caat1rules Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Very well written. I know the type of person you’re talking about. I have a family member just like that. Over the years my other family members have achieved their goals. This is the best way to “Detox” from those types of people. Make progress and don’t give up. You will be the winner while they will look for someone else to try to suppress.
  • teagle
    teagle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses.

DreaMartinez,

I think the biggest issue with dealing with some family members is that they still view you as
    a child, and they are stuck in past patterns of behavior with you.

It's good to hear that your parents chose to support you instead of getting offended at your request.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best on your journey to a new you. I hope you'll find the online support needed to conquer your offline obstacles. :flowerforyou:
  • teagle
    teagle Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!