A suggestion for when posting.....

Options
therobinator
therobinator Posts: 832 Member
Just a thought, to help others if they want to do a search for a recipe in this forum....

Can we all put the type of meal (Entree, Appetizer, Side Dish, Dessert, Marinade, Beverage, etc) in the subject line or somewhere in the body of the message....and maybe also the time of day meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner) that it's intended to be?

So that, for example, if I wanted to find a dinner recipe that involved pork, I could do a search for "pork dinner" or "pork entree" and hopefully that would get me the results I am looking for. Or if I wanted to find an appetizer that involved cheese, I would search for "cheese appetizer" or "cheese snack."

Moderators, perhaps this can be put as a sticky in the forum?

Replies

• GypsyRoaddog
    GypsyRoaddog Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Can You tell me how to do a search of these --and any other-- posts?

TIA
    gyps
  • mitts1970
    mitts1970 Posts: 56
    Options
    good idea!
  • therobinator
    Options

TIA
    gyps

The search link is right at the top with the Home, Recent Posts, My Topics, etc....

but apparently the search function doesn't work properly, because I have been searching for about 15 minutes now for a recipe that I posted not too long ago (using the EXACT title I gave it), and it's not coming up. :(
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options

TIA
    gyps

The search link is right at the top with the Home, Recent Posts, My Topics, etc....

but apparently the search function doesn't work properly, because I have been searching for about 15 minutes now for a recipe that I posted not too long ago (using the EXACT title I gave it), and it's not coming up. :(

Click on "My Topics" and any thread you have posted to will be in there. Doesn't matter if you are the OP or a reply. If you posted, it'll be there.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I've found the MFP search function to be pretty useless. And My Topics only works if you are a very infrequent poster.

The easiest way I've found to search MFP is to go to Google and search on "myfitnesspal.com + your search terms".
  • therobinator
    Options
    Click on "My Topics" and any thread you have posted to will be in there. Doesn't matter if you are the OP or a reply. If you posted, it'll be there.

That only shows the last 25 or so threads that you participated in. If you are a frequent poster, like me, things fall off that list quickly. :(

The myfitnesspal.com + [enter search terms here] Google search seems to be the way to go for now. It works. :)
  • GypsyRoaddog
    GypsyRoaddog Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Duh, the search button was right where I've looked at it how many times :-/ I will try the google search string if there is something I need to try & locate & the Search function will not get it for me.

The best to all,
    gyps
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I really wish this forum had separate categories to add in the recipes (entree, desert, side dish, ect) So hard to weed through here and the search function is not helpful. Should be able to search by forum and sort that the newest show up in order instead of mixed up
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if there was an easy way to search, like others have said :)

5649341.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    This has been requested for a few years now(atleast twice by me) and nothing has been done. The search is a total mess.
  • bethymay123
    Options
    I think a sperate page that is nothing but recipes would be great. Like on online cookbook. Just a thought:ohwell: