plateu? Help!

Options
I was loosing weight really well each week for the 1st month I was on here, now for almost 3 weeks I've lost NOTHING.

I stepped up my exercise thinking that would help...it hasn't really. I'm staying within my calorie limit and I'm eating all my exercise calories. I think I'm doing everything right.

HELP! Please those of you who have had this problem, how did you jump-start your diet again?

Replies

• singcoz528
    Options
    I was loosing weight really well each week for the 1st month I was on here, now for almost 3 weeks I've lost NOTHING.

I stepped up my exercise thinking that would help...it hasn't really. I'm staying within my calorie limit and I'm eating all my exercise calories. I think I'm doing everything right.

HELP! Please those of you who have had this problem, how did you jump-start your diet again?
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    just keep doing what you are doing it'll ketchup with you :flowerforyou:
  • Crystalchic720
    Options
    Try not to eat all your exercise calories...The only way to stay on track since you increased your exercise is to either maintain your calories from before you increased your exercise or take a good look at where your calories are coming from. jIllian on Biggest Loser says you should never drink your calories...:drinker:
  • lowsam
    lowsam Posts: 21
    Options
    For me personally, i have gotten over many plateus by NOT doing everything right. What i mean by that is taking a day or two off from exercise and not paying attention to my calories, and giving in to treats. I swear by it. I think sometimes your body just needs to mix it up. I'm sure everyone will give you lots of great ideas, so just do what you think is best for you. :wink: Hang in there!
  • singcoz528
    Options
    For me personally, i have gotten over many plateus by NOT doing everything right. What i mean by that is taking a day or two off from exercise and not paying attention to my calories, and giving in to treats. I swear by it. I think sometimes your body just needs to mix it up. I'm sure everyone will give you lots of great ideas, so just do what you think is best for you. :wink: Hang in there!

haha I like that idea :bigsmile:

thanks tho everyone for some good ideas.:flowerforyou:
  • TheHottestMama
    Options
    im at that point right now.
    im going to do my watermeon fast maybe next week
    all three meals and every snack is watermelon only
    no juice or soda
    water only.
    ill do this for 3 to 4 weeks
    ive only done that one time for 4weeks
    and i lost and kept that weight off
    but after the fast i was working out 5days a week and watching my cals
    but right now i feel like im slacking....so i gotta jump start myself again

but....thats what I do. not saying its healthy or the best way to do it.
    but for me it works. and if anyone is going to say anything mean or rude about what i do....please dont...im not trying to start a fight or anything. just sharing what works for me.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    double post -- oops, that's a first
  • Poison5119
    Options
    Try not to eat all your exercise calories...The only way to stay on track since you increased your exercise is to either maintain your calories from before you increased your exercise or take a good look at where your calories are coming from. jIllian on Biggest Loser says you should never drink your calories...:drinker:

Au contraire, friend.....

EAT!!

I dangled at 159 for about a month. Same amount of exercise, same amount of food. SCRREEEEEECH... Dead standstill. Couldn't figure it out.

Then I ate a bit over my cals.

Apparently, I was over estimating what I ate during the day, or underestimating how many calories I burned, but in any event, as soon as I inched up over my allotted cals plus whatever exercise cals I earned, I started losing again.

DO NOT SKIMP ON CALS. YOUR BODY WILL GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND YOU WILL STOP LOSING. That is probably why you're already on IDLE.
  • Poison5119
    Options
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Russia, thanx for the link about avoiding the dreaded plateau! I've been stuck for 4 weeks now, (altho I was under the weather ofr 2 of those weeks). But I've been looking for that exact thread, to no avail! So thanx sweeetie!:flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Options
    NP.... :happy:
  • singcoz528
    Options
    wow thanks! That's some really good information! I'm gonna try a bunch of things suggested in those threads. I'm a weakling for pizza, so although I stay within my calories I'm probably not eating the healthiest things.

Thanks for the great advice!:flowerforyou: