Red Lobster help!

Options
Hello!
I just found out that we are going out to Red Lobster for dinner tonight for a friend's birthday. I was looking online at their nutrition info and am having trouble finding something to eat. Problem is, I will not eat seafood...lol! When I go there, which is very rarely, I usually get the Cajun Chicken Alfredo which is bad so I don't want to get that. I was looking at the Maple Glaze Chicken which isn't horrible but wondered if anyone had any suggestions.
Thanks!
Heather

Replies

• susancelli928
    Options
    See if they have a grilled chicken, which I am sure they do. Stay away from the delicious biscuits and fill up on the salad.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Stick with the fish. Get it broiled or blackened. Skip the chedder bay biscuits and order a side salad and steamed veggies.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Oh good luck to you...I can tear up their biscuits...I don't eat seafood either....I'm an extreme picky eater...so I get the chicken strips....which aint good for you either....sorry I couldn't help....But I'm sending some willpower your way!
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    maybe you can get the maple glaze chicken, without the maple glaze. maybe you can ask to get the sauce on the side so u can really control how much sauce goes on... if you are ocd like me (?). :-} I always get a salad too, so I can have some veggies and I just put salsa on it instead of dressing and of course no croutons, etc.
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to add...the red lobster here in my town has a meau of healthy dinner options....may ask if they have that...or even call ahead of time and ask what they think would be a healthy option to eat there!!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    ask them to grill chicken for you...I eat seafood but my SIL doesn't and the one in my town has always been very accomidating (sp).
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Okay, anyone else now craving the cheddar baked biscuits? LOL

I get the broiled fish...but there are some other pretty good choices...they do have some grilled chicken options...and you always have the salad choices!

I am sure you will do fine. Veggies, veggies veggies :)
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Not too many options if you don't eat seafood....I'd say either salad with dressing on the side and no croutons. Or the maple chicken and go with healthy sides...like steamed veggies and double up on them if other options are something bad like loaded mashed potatoes or something (we don't have a red lobster near by so I'm not sure what their standards are) Good Luck!
  • newjmf
    newjmf Posts: 78
    Options
    I would order maple glaze chicken without the glaze. You can request that the chicken be grilled with no added oils, butter, sauces, etc. Also, if you order veggies, request them steamed with NO butter and add pepper for flavor. Beware of the salad option because the croutons and dressing can be horrible in cals/fat/sugar. Basalmic vinegar is the best choice for dressing.
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Two thing poped into my head. One is every once and awhile you can splurge. But instead of getting full size you might want to try a half portion and take half of it home. Also the fish and maple glazed chicken are good options. Don't over load on the biscuits. They are wonderful but not so great for you. Second is have fun, enjoy yourself and if you are at a place that you can't find alot of healthy food remember ... One day of indulging won't kill you, it is many!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    don't get the lobsterita margarita drink. it's evil!

890 calories
    0 g fat
    183 g carbohydrates
    Sodium 890 mg

as for food choices. I get what I want, except the biscuits and when they bring it out I ask for a box and save ½ in a box for another day.
  • AeshaKSha
    AeshaKSha Posts: 16
    Options
    YES, I ALWAYS GET THE GRILLED SALMON, SIDE SALAD AND PLENTY OF VEGGIES WITH NO BUTTER.
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Shrimp scampi is really good, and they are 130 calories and 8g of fat per serving. Sorry I didn't read all of your post....this is seafood, but it is what I eat when I go. This was of no help to you...lol!
  • rmoyer243
    rmoyer243 Posts: 23
    Options
    ask them to cook your chicken on there char grill. also ask them to put the glaze on the side for you if you get the maple glazed chicken, or just plain chicken will work also. they will do any kind of veggies if you want broccoli only ask for that. and get a salad with cheese and crouton, and the dressing on the side if you want. that way you can control the big calories. I work for the company just a different store and I am a manager of that store, so i know they will bend over backwards for you. Good Luck.
  • HDurow1018
    HDurow1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great advice! I appreciate it!
  • HDurow1018
    HDurow1018 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ask them to cook your chicken on there char grill. also ask them to put the glaze on the side for you if you get the maple glazed chicken, or just plain chicken will work also. they will do any kind of veggies if you want broccoli only ask for that. and get a salad with cheese and crouton, and the dressing on the side if you want. that way you can control the big calories. I work for the company just a different store and I am a manager of that store, so i know they will bend over backwards for you. Good Luck.

Thank you :)
  • darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    You can pretty much special request anything at Red Lobster (and any of their sister companies - Olive Garden, LongHorn, Bahama Breeze). I would suggest asking for grilled chicken (no sauce), steamed veggies (asparagus is yummy) with NO butter, even a plain potato (eat half), and a side salad with light dressing (or reg dressing on the side; and then portion carefully).
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    Okay, anyone else now craving the cheddar baked biscuits? LOL

Too funny. My daughter used to date a guy that worked there and he would bring us a takeout container stuffed with the cheddar biscuits. He was our favorite. Then they broke up and we cried. (No, we didn't miss him. Just the biscuits)
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    THat is my FAVORITE restraunt in the world!!! I have some great food choices for you but since you don't like seafood, you may not like my choices. But, believe me, if you haven't tried it there, you need to. I use to hate seafood. And everytime I would go there with my hubby I would get chicken. Thank GOD my hubby convinced me to try other things there. Here is a list of the foods I get & there & some of their nutrition facts.

Rice Pilaf (Red Lobster)
    Serving Size: 1 Serving, Calories: 180, Fat: 3g, Carbs: 34g, Protein: 0g

Garden Salad W/ Red Wine Vinaigrette Dressing (Red Lobster)
    Serving Size: 1 salad, Calories: 150, Fat: 5g, Carbs: 14g, Protein: 1g

Wood Grilled Tilapia (Red Lobster)
    Serving Size: 4 oz, Calories: 100, Fat: 2.5g, Carbs: 9g, Protein: 22g

Bisquits (Red Lobster Cheese Bisquits)
    Serving Size: 1 bisquit, Calories: 150, Fat: 8g, Carbs: 16g, Protein: 0g

Fresh Broccoli (Red Lobster)
    Serving Size: 2 serving, Calories: 45, Fat: 0.5g, Carbs: 6g, Protein: 0g

Blackened Catfish (Red Lobster)
    Serving Size: 5 oz Lunch Portion, Calories: 190, Fat: 9g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 15g

Grilled Lobster Tail (Red Lobster)
    Serving Size: 1 tail, Calories: 90, Fat: 1g, Carbs: 0g, Protein: 0g

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp (Red Lobster)
    Serving Size: 2 skewers, Calories: 142, Fat: 1g, Carbs: 1g, Protein: 0g

These are just a few of the delicious meals that I have eaten since my new found LOVE of seafood.
    I hope you can find something of interest. Enjoy your meal tonight & happy eating!! =D
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you, but I can't go to RED LOBSTER & NOT have a Cheddar Bay Biscuit. One won't hurt you. If you are like many women I know, if you really want something & you don't get it, you will eat other things to try and compensate for what you are not eating & then you end up eating too much of something else. LOL! And if you do eat their delicious salad, make sure you tell them to leave off the croutons, cheese, & black olives. You may also want to take your own dressing. I personally like their Red Wine Vinergerette & it is one of their lowest calorie/fat dressings. Other than that, have a blast & think of us while you're eating. After reading your post, I think you have many of us craving Red Lobster. :D