what can you use besides laxatives

Options
beyond laxatives which do not work instantly...what is a quick way to get things moving??

Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Kiwi!!!! Eat a few kiwi & a couple hours later you should be good to go. ;)
  • jadee76
    jadee76 Posts: 29
    Options
    I've heard that a salt flush that goes along with the Master Lemonade Cleanse can do it quickly. I prefer Smooth Move Tea, which I take before bed and I'm ready in the morning. Hope that helps! Have a great day.
  • JaneDeere1975
    Options
    I'm having the same problem...you'd think with all the veggies and fruit it would happen naturally...what gives!?
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Food that is naturally high in fiber, beans,broccoli,greens.cabbage.oatmeal,whole wheat bread, fruit....
  • clarityvskarma
    Options
    Pineapple, peanuts... Anything with a lot of fiber! You can take a fiber supplement. Coffee acts as a diuretic and sometimes has a laxative effect...
  • krisvtx8777
    krisvtx8777 Posts: 163
    Options
    I use senna tea every so often...
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Laxatives work in a few hours.. why do you need it more instant than that? Food takes a good 12+ hours to go through your entire system, so I'd say it's your best bet.
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Handfull of Macadamia nuts does it everytime and FAST !!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Fiber indeed -- but it only works if you really bump up your water intake. I was taking fiber for a while before I figured out that I wasn't drinking enough water to make it work.

Really strong coffee tends to work for me too...sometimes too quickly.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    fiber and a lot of water.
    Try flax seed stirred into a yoghurt and that should help. (coffee helps too, its quicker but not an answer in the long run)
  • kendallan
    kendallan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i am thiniking a hot green tea might do the trick? i took 3 laxatives last night and nothing. honestly its been like 5 days so thats not normal. i have plenty of fruits and veggies in my diet so i am actually shocked however i been taking medicine and thats probably the reason . .
  • dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    a scary mask ;0/
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    I eat an Activia Fiber yogurt every day. It really does keep you regular. The Vanilla & Cereal flavor is my favorite.
  • ybba12490
    ybba12490 Posts: 252
    Options
    coffee, ha
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Linseeds. Have a tablespoon followed by a large glass of water. They bulk up in your gut.

The other thing, which is nothing short of a miracle is psyllium husk powder, which absorbs hundreds of times it's weight in water. You have a teaspoon dissolved in a glass of water, then follow with another glass. Both are very effective and far better for you than laxatives, as they provide fiber which helps your colon health.
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars work for me...and only 90caloreis:)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Papaya extract. It comes in little chewable pill form. You get it at the vitamin store. They are yummy and taste like candy.
    This is the easiest, natural way I know to help things along if food isn't doing it. I even give them to my 5 year old if she needs help in that department.

Also, make sure you are getting plenty of water.

Dani
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Prune Juice.

I buy Sunsweet Gold Label juice.

Good luck!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Prunes, prune juice. Interesting that the laxative didn't work.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I suppose if are you really uncomfortable, a glycerin suppository would work instantly. I've been drinking a half cup of prune juice daily and it seems to be helping me.