30 Day Shred Calories Burned Per lb

Options
I saw a few topics asking how many calories people burn doing 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels and I found out the answer I think LOL

So on most sites it says 503 cals burned per hour for a 154lb person. I know heart rate and such has an effect but I just took 503 and divided by 154 to see how many cals per lb....

You burn 3.26 calories per pound that you are. So, I am 238....I took 238 x 3.26 = 779 calories per hour. the more you weigh the more you burn. Hope this helps anyone who still needed help :)

Replies

• tinalina81
    Options
    wow. When I log it under circuit training for 20 minutes it gives me 207 calories. I am 170 right now so that should be a lot more then.
    Thanks for the info
  • eyeballer
    eyeballer Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I found out from my HRM that I burn WAY more than the averages that pop in on here.
  • bethymay123
    Options
    The best way to know is with a heart rate monitor.
  • glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options
    WOW... that is a lot more calories than I thought....I have been posting under low impact aerobics and it has only been about 250 calories....

thank you...:smile:
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Yep, that is why I said heart rate has a lot to do with it. But for the people who don't have one this can be a way to calculate.

Its hard because if you are putting too many calories burned...then you are going above your net for the day....and if you put too few calories burned then you are going under your net. LOL
  • tinalina81
    Options

Yep, that is why I said heart rate has a lot to do with it. But for the people who don't have one this can be a way to calculate.

Its hard because if you are putting too many calories burned...then you are going above your net for the day....and if you put too few calories burned then you are going under your net. LOL
    I think I am going to put 400 - 450 from now on. Per your calculation I should burn 554 but to be on the safe side i will underestimate it a bit.
  • Jeanine_Colavecchi
    Jeanine_Colavecchi Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I think I am going to put 400 - 450 from now on. Per your calculation I should burn 554 but to be on the safe side i will underestimate it a bit.

Just add it as a new exercise for yourself and put it for 60 minutes and whatever ur weight is times 3.26...then when you just do 20...you can enter 20 and it will calculate it for you. It sounds right, I just did it for 20 minutes and burned 260 calories.
  • yuli23
    yuli23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Awww thanks for the info .... I bought the dang wrong heart monitor .... or I don't know how to use it
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options
    Thanx for this!!!!
  • erinl1977
    Options
    thank you, i had no clue!!! :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephl21uk
    stephl21uk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    on Jillians Facebook page she said each level burns around 200cals.....i personally log it as low aerobics (117cals) coz dont want to think im burning more cals than i am

lets say the only excersise you do is 30DS and you log it as say 280 cals burned if you eat back your cals, your going to be going over ur daily allowence without realising and maybe wont loss.....just my theory! :0)