new and confused!

Options
lol needing some help on figurung this out...anyone?:sad:

Replies

• kahlah23
    kahlah23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am new at this too but it seems to be pretty simple. Click on the food tab and you can add your food for the day. Click on exercise and you can search exercises to add. It really has opened my eyes just from one day of entering my food. I will help you all I can. I will add you as a friend.
  • sherri_angel
    Options
    Thank you so much!! :smile:
  • jokhazen
    jokhazen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It takes some getting used to :) But you'll be amazed at the foods that you can actually find on here! I found my school's cafe that I didn't know would even be on there! lol Good luck!!!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Welcome both of you hope you enjoy this site of course once you get it figured out, Ill help too and send friend requests, good luck on your weight loss journeys
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Always check the HELP link at the top of each page...there is alot if great information there to help you get through this. Also, if you have questions, check out the links in my signature. Lots of great stuff there too!
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    learn about your BMR.
    Then learn about your TDEE.

understand that MFP creates a calorie deficit to your TDEE without couting exercise calories. At this point you shoudl know ho wmany calories you need to eat in aday to lose weight.
    understand why you have to eat your exercise calories back.

Now learn portion control and how to track the calories you eat
    learn what food are good and what are bad;
    carbs: simple vs complex
    protein: what are lean proteins
    fats: what are good fats

exercise:
    you should work your way up to doing minimum 3 days of cardio for at least 30 minutes. 5 or 6 days of over 30 minutes is your goal.
    add strenght training to your exercise to build miscle to maintain your new weight.

Actually the first most important thing to do is to set reasonalbe objectives. 1-2lbs loss per week. So 20lbs lost in 4-5 months is a good result. More than 40lbs lost in that time is too high of an objective.
  • sherri_angel
    Options
    lol thank you...
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    knowledge is power. If you don`t know the basics you won`t be able to apply them. Now you know what to research.

no problem.
  • missmeagan89
    Options
    Mom, call me if you have any questions...I can answer anything you want to know...you should know by now lol