Half a Pound in 3 Weeks?!

Options
So about a month ago, I really upped my diet and workout routine in efforts to successfully lose weight for health reasons. I lost one pound the first week, down to 156.0. But then I stayed there for 3 weeks! I kept up a fairly consistent workout routine, but I usually cheat on my diet over the weekend even though I'm religious about it during the week (and FYI, I try to eat ALL my exercise calories). Also, I'm type 1 diabetic, so I lost a lot of my calories dealing with low blood sugars after workouts.

I'm glad to have finally broken the plateau, but I just hope that my weight loss isn't this slow the rest of the time. Hopefully I'm finally breaking through and my body is out of being "shocked" by the reduced calorie diet and increased workouts. I'm considering this a victory, but goodness I would like for things to go a bit faster!

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Did you remember to measure yourself when you started? I've had plenty of weeks where the scale didn't move, but the tape measure did. NSV are important.
  • sechmanojo
    sechmanojo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to tell you try to stop cheating on the weekends just one or two weekends and see if you get better results. If you do, then you know that is part of the problem.
  • WeatherGurl1129
    WeatherGurl1129 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    No, and I should have! But I can definitely tell that my pants are fitting better and I'm losing the little pooch below the belly button.
  • WeatherGurl1129
    Options
    Well I'm trying to look at it as an overall lifestyle change instead of a diet. Cheating one or two days out of the week keeps me sane, honestly. I never go crazy, but I do have some more carbs and some alcohol. But starting back on Sunday, it's back to the diet. Promise! :wink:
  • WeatherGurl1129
    Options
    Did you remember to measure yourself when you started? I've had plenty of weeks where the scale didn't move, but the tape measure did. NSV are important.

No, and I should have! But I can definitely tell that my pants are fitting better and I'm losing the little pooch below the belly button.
  • WeatherGurl1129
    Options
    Sorry for the double posts! Apparently I don't know the difference between reply and quote, lol! :laugh: