Done for the last time

Options
Hello! I am so glad to have found this community, I look forward to meeting people and motivating along the way.
now about me..
I am a 25 year old navy wife who desperately wants to be healthy. I want to keep up with my husband, I want kids someday soon
I have already posted a couple blogs- feel free to check them out...
in social settings I am quite shy-- for fear of standing out and people looking at me..
I desperately want a confident Vanessa to shine through- sometimes i feel her.. I know she is there.
can't wait to connect with a few people with like minded goals-- as i have A LOT of weight to lose. sitting at 260 right now-- i would love to weigh145 but right now i am focusing on getting to 230 then 200 and we will see what happens from there!

Replies

• Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll love it here. The people are awesomely supportive and make you want to do good. Good luck on your weight loss! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I also have a lot of weight to lose and I'd be happy to be your friend :)
  • JayandBrensMommy
    JayandBrensMommy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You will love this site or at least I do. Good luck on your weight losee journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MelissaG36
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I will try my best to motivate you. You can do this though, I am & have 3 youngins & constantly around food & all. We are all here to motivate & support you. Glad you found MFP too! :bigsmile:
  • PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    Welcome to the best support group you will encounter! We are happy to have you! Your goals are already really good! Just remember to focus on them and not too much on the overall picture or you could get a lil overwhelmed. Right now I am just aiming for 23lbs to lose...then I will be in the average, not overweight range! Everything after that will just be icing! We can do this!
  • kswizzy
    kswizzy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    http://1yeartolose.blogspot.com/

that Blog is by a girl I know... if you scroll down you'll see some of her pictures... she chronicles everything she goes thru (pics too) with how much weight she's lost....

Follow it! It's so inspiring. I believe she's lost 60lbs already and is shooting for that last 23 or something. SHe started in August 2010... and is in her late 20s.
  • jltodd99
    jltodd99 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
    We are all here to help you in any way we can. We'll support you if you will help to support us!
    Forty eight year old mom of five kids making a change for ME!
    Feel free to friend me!
  • sekhmet13
    sekhmet13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You sound like you could be my twin! I'm 250, and want to get down to 140, and I too have social anxiety because of how I think I look. The people here really are supportive, I was shocked myself. I love this place because it's a place for fat people, not people who want to lose 5 pounds by this weekend. We all know what everyone else is going through.

Good luck to you, I believe it can be done!
  • ericzintx
    ericzintx Posts: 32
    Options
    You've got the right attitude! If you can get all the junk food outta the house, or at least "will yourself" not to touch any of it, then you are already 80% there. Figure out the lower amount of calories you need to eat daily to lose 1-1.5 pounds a week, eat nothing but "clean" food, add on some high-intensity interval training or low volume, high intensity weight training 3 to 5 days a week and you WILL make it no doubt (and your zeal for life and energy will skyrocket after the first couple of weeks)!

The very best of luck!

-Eric
  • jimnessa
    jimnessa Posts: 5
    Options
    thank you i will def check this out!
  • Comfortableme
    Comfortableme Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I am sure you will love this site as much as I do. I love that I can take it with me where ever I go. I downloaded the app to my phone and it saves my skin. Being able to journal my food as I place it in my mouth has made all the difference in the word for me. I know that the people here are going through the same situation and can give me pointers when I am down and I can share what works for me when some else is down.

At your age, I was an Air Force wife whose husband flew and was gone a lot. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can motivate each other on our journey, one pound at at time!
  • jimnessa
    jimnessa Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for all the support already!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You are at the exact weight I was when I started my "get this weight off once and for all" journey last January (2010)! There are a lot of things to learn and a lot of changes to go through but it so worth it! Good luck to you!