Newbie on board

Options
Hi, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a 41 year old mother of a 16 year old and a 4 year old. After my second daughters birth I ballooned to almost 218lbs. I successfully lost about 15lbs on a low carb diet but found it way too hard to stick to. I recently stumbled upon this website and I am absolutely hooked. Not only that but I now have recruited 4 of my co-workers and their hooked too. I love hearing the success stories and look forward to being able to post my own soon.

Replies

• Footprintz
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a 41 year old mother of a 16 year old and a 4 year old. After my second daughters birth I ballooned to almost 218lbs. I successfully lost about 15lbs on a low carb diet but found it way too hard to stick to. I recently stumbled upon this website and I am absolutely hooked. Not only that but I now have recruited 4 of my co-workers and their hooked too. I love hearing the success stories and look forward to being able to post my own soon.
  • MuttnChewy
    Options
    Hey Newbie! Thanks for the info on this site... it is great!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

I did the carb thing off and on for years and found it gets really boring:yawn:

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success and you CAN do it :drinker:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!! :flowerforyou: Glad you found US and that you're HERE!

This site has some wonderful advice, really GREAT tools, and fantastic support.

Do some forum reading to help you learn, use the tools here!! Congratulations!:heart:

CARBS are not the enemy. Eating more of them than you need is!!
  • Footprintz
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome & hey MuttnChewy glad you like the site and now I have a new nickname for you friend :>)

see you at work tomorrow
  • MuttnChewy
    Options
    Hehehehe.... yeah, I'm hooked on this site now. Too bad I can't access it at work!

100544.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • harleybabe
    Options
    :explode:
    Hi I'm 46 mother of 3 girls. 25 ,23 and 16 .I'm also new to this site. I have 15 lbs to lose and it's been the hardest to lose.I' m hoping that this site will motivate me.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    :explode:
    Hi I'm 46 mother of 3 girls. 25 ,23 and 16 .I'm also new to this site. I have 15 lbs to lose and it's been the hardest to lose.I' hoping that this site will motivate me.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hey Newbie! Thanks for the info on this site... it is great!
  • Junkers
    Options
    Denise,
    I just joined as well. Looks like I'm one of a very few men on this site, but I think I can handle it!!

This site gives a whole look at the amount of food I was eating. It's going to be tough, but I'm off to a good start!!

Take care and see you soon,

Kristian