An idea for left over brown rice!

Options
draya114
draya114 Posts: 46 Member
I had some brown rice left over from dinner last night and I was wanting to try and use it up so I was thinking....hmm what I can I do with this for breakfast. Now my usual go to is just add some cinnamon and splenda, heat it up and call it good. But I wanted something different. So I opened my fridge and there stood my Limited Edition Almond Joy Coffee Creamer...BINGO!
Added a little of that and some cinnamon, popped it in the microwave and enjoyed!

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    that actually sounds good. reminds of buckwheat and milk mom used to give us :)
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Make fried rice: You can fry a little lean bacon or turkey bacon, toss in some chopped onion, frozen peas, whatever else you want, lastly add the cold rice and heat through, finish by drizzling sauce on it...I like to make a mix of oyster sauce, chicken bouillon and soy, but anything asian tasting will do. (Don't add too much sauce and just heat through or the rice will get sticky)
  • hclayton46
    hclayton46 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't associate brown rice with sweet...ewww in my opinion lol. For breakfast the next day, I would dump the leftover rice in my egg beaters and add a few pieces of shredded chicken or the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage. MMMMM
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    That sounds REALLY good!!

I don't associate brown rice with sweet...ewww in my opinion lol.

Don't you like rice pudding???!! My favorite!!
  • bassman2019
    bassman2019 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about breakfast ideas, but for lunch/dinner i'll add a little rice to a light soup to add some substance, or stir fry some veggies and chicken to put over the rice.
  • gatsovictim
    gatsovictim Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I like to make leftover rice into a rice salad with peas/petit pois, chopped spring onion and paprika.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I don't associate brown rice with sweet...ewww in my opinion lol. For breakfast the next day, I would dump the leftover rice in my egg beaters and add a few pieces of shredded chicken or the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage. MMMMM

That sounds yummy! And since I am the only one in this house who will eat brown rice, now I have something to do with the leftovers