MFP Runners Club-October 15

Options
Last interval run before Sunday; tonight we meet to decide who runs which stretch of the relay. Let's hope for great weather for all the racers this weekend!

Have a great day.

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    Last interval run before Sunday; tonight we meet to decide who runs which stretch of the relay. Let's hope for great weather for all the racers this weekend!

Have a great day.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I got in a great swim this morning and I teach spinning tonight. I have a run tomorrow before i head to LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Teach ~ Have a GREAT race!! You go girl!

Areay ~ Have fun in Vegas!! And good luck to you too!

I think I figured out my leg issue. http://www.itendonitis.com/peroneal-tendonitis.html Peroneal tendonitis. It's exactly the symptoms I've been having. It doesn't hurt to walk around or regular daily activities, but after I run my leg is swollen, hot, and painful!!! I've been using the foam roller and it just kills!! I'll stick to the elliptical & treadmill again this week. It's not my first bout of tendonitis, I've had plenty!!! :grumble: But I do know what to do- ice, Aleve, and massage!!!

Back & Biceps (P90X) + Abs for me today!!

Jess
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Pace class this morning was great!

1.5-mile warm-up
    4 100s
    1 800
    4 100s
    1 800
    .5 cool down
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No running for me. Bootcamp day. My shin splint has come back with a vengence today after yesterday's run. Right now I literally have an ice pack tied to my leg with an ace bandage so I can walk around the office. I look dumb, but it feels good. :laugh: BTW- this not the first I have looked dumb at the office due to a sport injury. :bigsmile:

Teach and Areay - Good luck on your races.:flowerforyou:

Have a great run everybody.
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Thanks!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I got in a great swim this morning and I teach spinning tonight. I have a run tomorrow before i head to LAS VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Good luck in VEGAS!!!:happy:
  • hessied
    Options
    I did 6 miles today averaging a 8:30 pace AND...I was able to run outside today! YAY!

:tongue:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    We did tempo runs last night to increase our speed. I borrowed the trainers GPS and found out that I can run fast - for very short periods of time :laugh: But hopefully that will help me increase my speed over time long distance. We do 6.5 miles Saturday. Having some trouble with chest tightness and coughing after running. Satuday it was wicked windy so that made since but last night everything was clear :ohwell: Any ideas?
    Bunny
  • seegirlrun
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am not nearly as fast as some of you folks but I am indeed running! I've been trying to run again for a couple of years and keep having overuse type of injuries that side line me - hips, knees, ankles, PF, shin splints, blah blah blah. I'm following a 13-week program and today I ran 20 minutes, walked 1 minute, and then ran another 20 minutes. I covered 4 miles in 39:53 which is faster than I ever used to run and that was with the 1 minutes walk! Maybe because I don't hurt?! Whahooie!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I AM A Runner!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    Areay: Have fun in Vegas
    Jess: The leg issue sounds very ouchy!
    Hessied: I admire your times.
    Laura: I am not fast, either. My times are more comparable to yours. I am happy when I break 10 minute miles! :tongue:
  • hessied
    Options
    Areay: Have fun in Vegas
    Jess: The leg issue sounds very ouchy!
    Hessied: I admire your times.
    Laura: I am not fast, either. My times are more comparable to yours. I am happy when I break 10 minute miles! :tongue:

Thanks! You're very sweet. I'm plugging away, and some days are definitely better than others! Running and I have this crazy love/hate relationship, that's for sure. :tongue:

BTW - you're no slouch if you're running a 10-minute mile! That's good running! :happy:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Hi all my runners.
    I am finally checking in again after my recovery time. I am still in recovery and unfortunaly getting use to staying up later and sleeping in super later. I need to stop that before long her.
    I still am unable to run, but I think I am good to go for a good walk finally today. I have walked around the stores a couple time, but not a good stong walk. So I might go for a short walk today and then try to get up earlier tomorrow and give it a good walk for a longer time. At least while the weather is nice again.
    Well mom talking my ear off on phone, talk to you later.
    SM