SNACKS!!!

Options
It's Friday which means I just got paid and it is time to get my food for the next week. I eat two snacks during the day at work and want to switch it up a little bit. What do you normally eat as a little snack between meals?

Replies

• chris1132
    chris1132 Posts: 58
    Options
    5 reduced fat ritz crackers and laughing cow cheese, and 1/2 cup of raspberries or blackberries. Delicious!!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    kozy shack puddings, greek yogurts, fresh veggies, fruit, berries, nuts. obsessed with fresh cut pineapple and cherry tomatoes lately :)
  • taracotta
    Options
    one of my favorites is apple slices with a little reduced fat peanut butter... the little bit of protein from the PB help satisfy and sustain til meal time.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    carrots & hummus
    strawberries & greek yogurt
    banana, PB and a slice of silver hills bread
    almonds
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    light string cheese, cottage cheese, almonds, carrots or sometimes the 100 calorie packs of something sweet
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    100 calorie blue diamond cocoa roasted dark chocolate almonds
    mini babybell light
    strawberries and carbmaster yogurt
    banana
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    strawberries with dark chocolate almond butter. yum yum!!!! and good for you.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Old London Roasted Garlic Melba snacks and laughing cow cheese!
    And I just discovered Jello Mousse temptations - Mint Chocolate - YUM
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I LOVE corn chips with flax seeds. Not the most healthy choice but the flax seeds are good and they cure my salt cravings... rather than having chips. A serving is 3/4 cup @ 270 cals but I only eat 1/4 cup at it satisifes me, so only 90 calories! The fat might be a bit high but I am always below my fat goal so that doesn't matter too much to me.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Call me old fashioned but... An apple and a slice of cheese.

Its really only to kill the morning crave till lunch hour.
  • Noz7
    Noz7 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    raw chocolate - loving earth brand... I prefer the ones with dried fruit. 1 piece only:) it's practically a supplement!
    brazil nuts - 1 to 3
    sultanas mixed with pepitas /sunflower seeds
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    strawberries with dark chocolate almond butter. yum yum!!!! and good for you.

Where is this dark chocolate almond butter?
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I bought a thing of roasted but no salt sunflower seeds.. It is a great snack I do the 1/4 cup... I never realized it.
  • ajh2011
    ajh2011 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bananas, string cheese or laughing cow, apple wedges, clementines, graham crackers and PB, and yogurt are my usual standbys.
  • shuffman85
    Options
    Hummus! It comes in so many varieties and is low cal. Dip veggies in it, I love green pepper strips. Or half of a WHOLE wheat pita, gotta get that fiber!
  • gburkhart2
    gburkhart2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've discovered pumpkin seeds. They're fattier than I would prefer, but at least it's the "good" fat. Good amount of protein in relation to calories: 15g, 280. One other great thing is the sodium compared to other crunchy, carby snacks like them: only 20mg per serving.
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm heading to the store in search of some delicious sounding snacks :)
  • staceywoo
    staceywoo Posts: 56
    Options
    For me it's carrot sticks (no dip), sesame ryvita with half a dairylea triangle, or nuts. Yum!
    If you're in the UK, I also have a box delivered from graze.com every fortnight, with a selection of lovely snacks to pick at - calories are all clearly labelled. I have a code for a free box if you want to try it, it's CY186W6.
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Green grapes and a few slices of Boar's Head Tavern Ham
    Low-fat unsweetened Greek Yogurt and berries
    Banana with peanut butter
    Red or yellow bell pepper strips and hummus
    Roasted chickpeas
    or, if I'm desperate, a Clif Bar (I keep one in my purse, one in my gym bag, and another in my car)
  • cocoavery20
    Options
    My favorites are apples with peanutbutter or rits crackers with peanutbutter.
    I love yogurt and granola cereal too in a small small dish as a snack.
    Quaker vanishing oatmeal cookies are only 80 calories each as well, those are pretty good.