Food Suppliments

Options
What ones do you take and why!?

Replies

• Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Daily multi-vitamin because even though I eat well, I still don't seem to get my recommended nutrients. Evening Primrose Oil (1000mg) because I have really bad TOM's (or had anyway) and it's really seemed to help! And a Glucosamine supplement because i have bad joints!
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    At my last check-up I tested very low for Vitamin D, so I have been taking a wkly supplement.
    Though there is a lot of skepticism about who really needs to worry about this, my Doc explained that I should really take the supplement, as my mother has Osteoporosis and that a Vitamin D deficiency will prevent your body from absorbing Calcium.

I am interested in trying some CHIA, yes like those seeds you grow on the scooby doo shaped chia pet!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I take a sublingual B-12 daily. Complete addiction. Gives me energy and washes away the gross taste of the other stuff I take (women's multi, some days colace, etc).
  • Wyot25
    Wyot25 Posts: 12
    Options
    Suppliments have been very good :D they make up for any negitives of being on a calorie controlled diet. there are a few i take to aid digestion and to boost my metabolism as well as make up for the lack of dairy in my diet. I found by assisting whist making changes to my diet assisted in rapid weight loss. Im still keen to find out what other people take. xD