OT: Question for all you crafty folks!

Options
I am making cookie bouquets for christmas for some families and I was putting them in like a clay pot. They are going to be on sticks and have the holiday shapes. I am already using the hard foam type stuff to make the sticks stay upright in the pot, but I am having a hard time thinking about what to cover that stuff up with. I thought about trying to do fake dirt stuff (Which I have no idea what to use, so ideas are welcomed) or anything else that is thrown out there. So... please, tell me your thoughts!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

TIA! :bigsmile:

Replies

• JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I am making cookie bouquets for christmas for some families and I was putting them in like a clay pot. They are going to be on sticks and have the holiday shapes. I am already using the hard foam type stuff to make the sticks stay upright in the pot, but I am having a hard time thinking about what to cover that stuff up with. I thought about trying to do fake dirt stuff (Which I have no idea what to use, so ideas are welcomed) or anything else that is thrown out there. So... please, tell me your thoughts!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

TIA! :bigsmile:
  • monica5237
    Options
    well just to go along with the cookie theme you could use crushed oreo's they look like dirt and it is edable too. cover the foam stuff with saran wrap and put the crushed oreo's on top

Just an idea
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I used to help out a place that did cookie bouquets... I believe they just used papers and ribbons to cover. They have a website here... you can kinda see a basic arrangement... but most of what they did were custom orders so it's really hard to see everything they did: http://www.sweetarrangements.biz/cookie.asp
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    That's a good idea. It kind of got my wheels turning in my head! I need all the help I can get!
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    you could go to dollar tree they have long things of garland that looks like red and green ivy or they also carry long garlands that look like pine tree branches. (Hope that makes sense)
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    cool, thanks everyone. I'm trying to decide if I am going to make a "dirt" and how to keep it even in the pot, or if I am going to do a the fake grass looking stuff.
  • DisneyBride13
    Options
    what about pine cones?

or brown tissue paper crumpled up?

Or better yet, hershey's bars or hershey kisses? I will take a pot please! lol

good luck!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    what about pine cones?

or brown tissue paper crumpled up?

Or better yet, hershey's bars or hershey kisses? I will take a pot please! lol

good luck!

hershey's kisses, silver wrapped ones, might look festive
  • catsdogsandkids
    catsdogsandkids Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    crushed chocolate wafers of oreos and then you can put a few gummy worms in also
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    I like the hershey kiss idea! How cute would that be? I have to transport these safely on a four hour car ride, so I think that would also be one of the more plausible ideas too! Double bonus! :happy:

Thank you so much!