Big Thighs!

Options
Whats the most effective way slim thighs? I know squats and lunges work but also what cardio work is best? is uphill walking any good? running? im not very good at running for longer than 2 minutes.

Mt upper thighs and bum are my main problem areas. I dont want to just walk because i know my body will get used to it so i want to vary my routine.

Replies

• RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    lunges and squats... use weights =]
  • RoniDoll
    Options
    sorry i should have read the rest of your post... LOL Muay Thai did wonders for me =] and jogging
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Muay Thai did wonders for me =] and jogging

Whats Muay Thai? and can i do it at home?
  • scumbelina
    Options
    i have the same probelm! when i lose weight it always comes off my thighs last! i have done 2 lessons of zumba and already noticed a massive difference in my butt and a slight difference in my thighs!
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    Well, any cardio will help because you can't spot reduce fat, so it just comes off wherever it's gonna come off first. However, cardio involving leg movement would be especially good (think swimming, jogging, jumping rope, biking, etc) because that works out your leg muscles at the same time. Either that, or circuit training.
  • RoniDoll
    Options
    Muay Thai did wonders for me =] and jogging

Whats Muay Thai? and can i do it at home?

Muay Thai is the Thai version of kickboxing... you can find Muay Thai gyms in your area but you probly can't do it at home becuase it involves punching bags and one on one training. however I am sure you can find a regular kickboxing DVD so you can do it at home it just not as high in intensity
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Thank you, i like the idea of kick boxing, and zumba but i am yet to find a good DVD of zumba, if you can recommend any.

I currently use a treadmill but it can get pretty boring. i would like to mix it up a bit and do something that occupies my mind so i dont get bored! :o)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    thats my main focus, you need to run run run..you just gotta train yourself
  • HLRoberts1987
    HLRoberts1987 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have the EXACT same problem. And I am working out normally (all parts of my body) Not just spot training. But I am doing cardio at least once a day. like the eliptical (I set it to make sure it works out my booty and thighs) and I am getting back into running. I do lunges and squats and that seems to really work for me so far...havnt noticed too much difference but I just started. I am going to try a spinning class and if it works for me (If I become sore in those areas at least) I will do it regularly. Plus its a great workout. Also I am going to try zumba class and I like kick boxing as well, I know that the workout (I call them donkey kicks) work its a machine that stand against with your chest and you have a bar you have to push with your foot behind you. that really works as well. I am def ready for this to start working hahaha that is my most problemary area.
  • mogan1983
    mogan1983 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Come to zumba with me! There are various classes in epsom. Just do one a week £5 a time. xxxx
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Yea there are a bunch of Zumba dvd's available at walmart or Amazon...I have the same problem and I realized that I just can't spot reduce, it'll shrink when it's ready to shrink...You can try Turbo Jam it's kickboxing as well.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Whoever mentioned it is right - you can't do certain exercises to slim your thighs - you can only tone them and burn off general body fat with cardio. I will never have thin thighs. I can lose weight, but I have muscular thighs and calves and they will never look slim - they can look solid though.