Moobs to pecks

Options
Hi Everyone

I am losing weight but i still seem to have moobs (man boobs) what excercises are best for firming this area up?

I am doing a lot of rowing on a rowing machine and weights but nothing to really focus on the pecks area.

Any advice welcome....

Cheers in advance

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce or target burn. You can make the muscles underneath stronger and bigger and as you lose weight they will go away.
  • MasterSpater
    MasterSpater Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    cardio, cardio, cardio. It's great that you're toning that muscle underneath. But the only thing that melts body fat is cardio.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're doing a good mix of cardio and upper body weights. As I've lost fat and gained/strengthened muscle, my pec muscles have definitely gotten more defined and I can see them move now, even though I've still got some fat to lose. Here's my general workout schedule so you can get a sense of my cardio/strength training mix. (Each day's workout adds up to about an hour):

Sunday - full-body strength plus stretching
    Monday - medium run, plus other cardio
    Tuesday - short run plus upper body strength
    Wednesday - non-running cardio plus lower body strength
    Thursday - medium run plus upper body strength
    Friday - rest
    Saturday - long run

Running is my main cardio, but there are tons of options out there, if that's not your thing. Good luck!

Edited to add: I do a variety of upper body strength exercises - I want to strengthen all over so I don't target just my pecs - it's working well:

Assisted pull-ups (*recent addition, since it's a great compound exercise)
    Assisted Dips
    Tricep Press-down
    Lat pull
    Chest Press (regular and incline)
    Shoulder Press
    Shoulder Lift (Not sure what it's technically called...)
    Pec Fly / Rear Deltoid (two exercises on one machine)
    Seated Row
    Lower Back
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Exercises to build your chest muscles will help! Push-ups, bench press, decline & incline chest press, flys, etc.
  • Bulldog501
    Options
    Close Hand Push Ups
    Wide Press Barbell- bench press
    Dumbbell Flies on a flat bench
    Incline Barbell Bench Press
    Dumbbell Pullover Press
    Parallel Dips

Lift heavy stuff until it isn't heavy anymore
  • reevesooo
    Options
    Cheers everyone! Sounds like more of the same then :)

I normally do between 30-45 mins on the rowing machine 5 days a week and weights 3 days.

Should I look at increasing the time or just the amount of times a week?
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you are sticking with rowing as a cardio workout, great, stick with it. But do also add weights in there like everyone has said.

As far as rowing, I'd say increase the intesity first. Meaning, work harder. If your machine has weights on it, increase the weights. If not, go for more rows per minute. Then increase time and frequency.