To the people who have succeded....

Options
:cry: I need some kind of help....

Words of encouragemnt.....

anything....

that has helped you lose your weight.....

I'm DESPERATE!!!

Thanks and I look forward to the reply!

Replies

• fatvanessa
    fatvanessa Posts: 15
    Options
    :cry: I need some kind of help....

Words of encouragemnt.....

anything....

that has helped you lose your weight.....

I'm DESPERATE!!!

Thanks and I look forward to the reply!
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    watch your calorie intake and exercise
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have lost 83 lbs since September. Yes, I started out feeling very overwhelmed and like it was impossible to lose weight. I just started...took it a week at a time and did it. The weeks will add up much faster than you think they will!!

AND, something that I always keep in mind is....as the weeks pass....you can be losing weight healthily with them....or not. At the end....you could reach your goal.....or not! To me, it's not a difficult choice! :) I was done having time pass and just staying overweight when I could have been doing something about it. So, now..instead of staying the same, I am down 83 lbs and the best part about it? I didn't suffer!!! :) I cut my calories ENOUGH but not too much and exercised and changed the kinds of foods I ate.

Best of luck!! You CAN do this!!

Tami
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You are young and CAN DO THIS! I have never liked to exercise. I have been trying to lose the "last 10" for years. I tried Weight Watchers, NutriSystem, HydroxiCut, EVERYTHING! I found this website a couple of weeks ago while trying to find a free calorie counter. I have been so impressed with the people on here and all of their success, I decided to give it a real go. I lost nothing for 2 weeks, but I kept with it - my 1200 calories (plus exercise calories) and exercised a minimum of 30 minutes every day - NO EXCEPTIONS. I started doing "easy" things, like taking my kids out for a walk around the neighborhood a couple times a day, trying my eliptical for 5 minutes at a time. But I kept going, and now, I actually consider it FUN, because I have lost a couple of pounds and 2% body fat!!! WOW, for me, this is great. I don't have much more to lose, so I know I will go at a slower pace than I would like, but I feel like I have created a routine that I enjoy, and am feeling much better about myself and much more excited to keep going. I don't feel discouraged at all, like I always did before - I think I can do this for a long time - hopefully forever - a life change. GO FOR IT! YOU WILL FEEL AWESOME ABOUT YOURSELF - JUST STAY WITH IT AND YOU WILL SUCCEED!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Don't fret girl, this is possible. I've lost 23lbs since started MFP back in Feb and I feel great. I still have 15lbs to go but I'm in no rush. I know that it will come off eventually as long as I keep eating healthy, stay in my calorie range and continue to exercise.

It is attainable. You will have good days and you will have bad days. The key is to not let the bad days take over. Just dust yourself off and start eating right immediately.

Stay positive, this will happen for you. You've just got to give it a little time.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! Things that helped me - changing my mindset. I always thought of food as a reward for a bad day, a good accomplishment, you name it. It's not a reward, it's just fuel to keep my body going. I was hungry a lot when I first started, but it went away as my body got used to my new calorie intake. If you make good food choices, 1400 calories (my day w/o exercise) can really go a long way. Find some low-cal snacks that fill you up. Mine are apples, 100-cal kettle corn, special K bars, yogurt (never really loved it, but it sure fills me up and staves off hunger), fudgescicles. I also found it a lot easier once I started planning out my whole day. This helps spread your calories out so you never get really hungry. It also helped me when I was hungry at 9 am to know I had a yogurt coming to me at 10 am. It also keeps me from grabbing something because I know if I have a 200 cal snack I didn't plan for, there goes half my supper. I am a night snacker, so I always leave at least 100 cals for after supper. Find what works for you and go with it. Don't try to completely change everything at once. I wanted to also give up diet Coke, but it was too much for me to give up all my bad food and that too. It's all I have left! Hopefully I can get to the Diet Coke in a few months! This site really does work! Good luck!
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! Things that helped me - changing my mindset. I always thought of food as a reward for a bad day, a good accomplishment, you name it. It's not a reward, it's just fuel to keep my body going. I was hungry a lot when I first started, but it went away as my body got used to my new calorie intake. If you make good food choices, 1400 calories (my day w/o exercise) can really go a long way. Find some low-cal snacks that fill you up. Mine are apples, 100-cal kettle corn, special K bars, yogurt (never really loved it, but it sure fills me up and staves off hunger), fudgescicles. I also found it a lot easier once I started planning out my whole day. This helps spread your calories out so you never get really hungry. It also helped me when I was hungry at 9 am to know I had a yogurt coming to me at 10 am. It also keeps me from grabbing something because I know if I have a 200 cal snack I didn't plan for, there goes half my supper. I am a night snacker, so I always leave at least 100 cals for after supper. Find what works for you and go with it. Don't try to completely change everything at once. I wanted to also give up diet Coke, but it was too much for me to give up all my bad food and that too. It's all I have left! Hopefully I can get to the Diet Coke in a few months! This site really does work! Good luck!

Great ideas
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Changing your mindset is the biggest hurdle. Once you get over that and view food differently, everythign will change.

I remember when I started on 1200 calories and was so hungry and couldn't believe how anyone could live on that. NOW - I am tryign to maintaing (2000 cals a day) and it's hard for me to get them all in! Who wouldda thought!

My biggest piece of advice is to know that it doesn't come easy. You have to really count EVERY calorie and work out. That is key. If you want more food, work out! :)

Good luck!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    One day, one meal and sometimes one bite at a time.

Just keep going. . .you can do this!
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've lost 34 lbs since January, and I think the most important thing is to set mini-goals for yourself. I rewarded myself a bit for every 10 lbs lost. And I didn't reward myself with food, but new clothes, show tickets, etc.

Take it one day at a time, plan your meals for the next day the night before, BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF - about food and exercise. Don't put foods on a "never again" list, but cut back on the portions. If you want a donut, fine. Cut it in half, then throw away the other half. The way I look at it, you can either waste it and throw it away, or it's wasted as fat on your legs, arms, butt, etc.

Find a support team - boyfriend, family, friends, coworkers, people on myfitnesspal.com. We're all trying to reach a goal. We celebrate together, and we provide an ear during setbacks...

YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Remember it's an on going thing, a lifestyle not a quick fix you have a bad day....ok be better the next

Good luck

KEEP GOING lol
  • Xtracrispy69
    Options
    I've lost about 40 pounds via this site and another similar. My rules were simple, exercise, eat balanced, and don't do anything that cannot be maintained for life (fad diets, diet products, weight lifting products etc). Did all my muscle building completely natural, only protein was from food. Not a supplment kind of guy. My weight is still off and have lost the tire on the waist :)
  • lew242
    lew242 Posts: 3
    Options
    My simple advice is to find a sport or pastime you love, and do it daily. (Needs to be something that increases your heart rate and preferably uses your legs obviously).
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It's true! There is no trick...

Eat less
    Exercise More

I also find it helpful to review my goals everyday, try and move as much as possible every day, and drink lots of water/green tea in the day to stave off hunger and the urge to snack!

THE best part to MFP is this great supportive community! THIS is what makes the difference! Look at all the great advice you already got here on this post! I always like to take bits and pieces from everyone, and how can you NOT succeed??? :tongue:

YOU CAN AND WILL SUCCEED!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    For me just using MFP faithfully has made all the difference in the world. I'd say plan ahead, record every bite that goes into your mouth, read all the great the advice on this website, and exercise to earn extra calories to eat. It also helped me to get a heart rate monitor to make sure I was logging exercise calories correctly. If you do all these things, you will see a major change. Be patient with yourself and don't expect it to happen overnight.
  • aheredia
    aheredia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just sign in, last Friday
    :love: the system
    :wink: to every one here
    i will be:happy:
  • katfio
    katfio Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am just starting as well, I think @ 3 weeks on this site & I love it. I remind myself daily that "It's Just Food" I try to come to the message boards at least 1x/day & read something to give me motivation to stick with it-- today it was your post. We all feel the same. It isn't easy every day, but you can't lose sight of your goal. Bring yourself back to where you were when you signed up on MFP on day 1-- find that commitment again & you will get through. As they say, "This too shall pass" :) Know that you are already successful that you are honest with yourself & posting what you did & asking for the support to keep going! Take a deep breath- go outside for 15 minutes, refocus & keep going:smile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Something that keeps me going is this: it's math, not magic. It helps me to know that I am in complete control of my numbers... calories in, calories out..... You just need to stick with it and be consistent. You can do it and we are here to support you!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Vanessa, I completely understand the frustration and discouragement. We can all root you on, but it comes down to something having to "click" for you...what do you hate most about being overweight? Or what was that one moment that made you decide that enough is enough? For me it was being in a bathroom at church and having a little girl ask her mom why I was so fat. It hurt enough to get my butt in gear...you need to change your mindset...and be ready to commit to a life-altering experience. This isn't a diet...it's a lifestyle change...and MFP will help you to lose the weight slowly and in a way that will help you to keep it off.

My biggest suggestion is to change your sign in name. "FatVanessa" isn't who you are...and your weight doesn't define you! If you can see yourself as the beautiful girl that you are, you will definitely see yourself as worthy of making the changes that you need to make to see your goal. I wish you the best of luck and I will be here for the long haul (I still have 150 pounds to lose) so you can send me a message whenever you need a bit of encouragement or a swift kick in the butt...I can provide both...free of charge :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Check out my posts...
    Goal #3 20 year reunion ACCOMPLISHED!
    and
    Say Hello To My Little Friend

I still have a ways to go. I started in January, and the weight has come off sloooooooowly. I only lose on average (from the last 10 months) 4 pounds a month. I don't obsess. I now know what foods to put in my mouth and want not to. What will have more calories than other things, etc.
    Make sure you exercise at least 3 times a week doing something. I just started out doing Dance Dance Revolution in my living room for the first 5 months and it worked. That was my cardio. I didn't have a membership to a gym at the time. Change to whole grain/whole wheat bread. Have a piece of white while you're out, but not the whole basket. (don't deprive). Change your cheese/dairy to no fat/low fat. Make sure you eat your exercise calories. Don't let your body think it's in starvation mode.
    Don't get discouraged! It will work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!