Cleaning

Options
Would organizing laundry and putting like 8 loads away (folding blah blah) count as cleaning vigorous or cleaning moderate?

Replies

• willibear
    willibear Posts: 15
    Options
    I would say moderately, unless you are going up and down stairs.. then virorously
  • tamarab3
    tamarab3 Posts: 64
    Options
    I count it as cleaning moderate.
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Agreed!:wink:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I tend to put any cleaning in as "light" unless I'm out of breath and/or sweating, in which case I'd go with moderate. I feel like MFP overestimates calories burned for cleaning anyway, so I generally don't put in the full amount of time.
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I agree with ajbeans. The calories on MFP are high so I'd go with LIGHT unless you have a HRM to wear & be more accurate.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I always wonder that too. I always count all my cleaning as light. Probably underestimate calories burned, but would rather that then overeat :)
  • Marcellus_08
    Options
    I think vigorous is like mopping and cleaning the shower and stuff like that. But I'm not really sure.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I don't count the laundry personally. I just count the hard core stuff like washing walls, scrubbing showers and steam cleaning the floors and carpet. Then I only log half the time because I think MFP kinda over estimates the burn a bit. That's just me though.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't count it at all, unless you worked up a sweat.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I think vigorous is like mopping and cleaning the shower and stuff like that. But I'm not really sure.

Even when I do that stuff, I tend to input it as light. I just don't work that hard when I clean. :laugh: